Breathing Techniques

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by United We Fall, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. United We Fall

United We Fall New Member

When I breath "He, Ha, Saw" while doing an exercises I don't run out of breath while doing an exercise for many hours at a time and I don't become sore. One time at the dojo I had a subway sandmich and some water before going to the dojo and many of the more muscular people began puking in the puke bucket and they didn't have much to eat. Also many people were becoming tired after the first twenty five minuets, but I was still reran to go.

When you breath "He, Ha, Saw" it works different parts of the lungs in different ways. It can be used both as an endurance technique and as a fighting technique. If you were to breath "He" while doing a wrist lock while doing a wrist lock it will inflict pain upon the opponent, "Ha" will do more damage, and "Saw" will probably break their bones.

2. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

:confused: :saz: :confused: Uh, yeah

Ha, will damage their ego; Allow me to demonstrate: I read this post and thought: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

Why would you break the bone if you have a saw? If you want to break it I'd suggest a hammer. :D

3. United We Fall

The breathing technique "Saw" gives you more force behind the arm or wrist lock and the breathing technique "Saw" is also known as the "Killing breath." It can normally nock out an opponent or break an opponents bones if use correctly if used with an submission move, arm lock, and/or wrist lock

4. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

...puke bucket? :eek:

5. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Dude thats some funny stuff your writing there!! :D

Subway sandwich!?!?!?!? wtf?

So random! :D

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Was it a meatball marina, or a turkey salad?

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Marina? Is that a new sauce? :D

Killing breath?!? Are you in the correct forum?

8. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

OK, I've done CMAs and I have no bleeping clue what this guy is talking about!

Dude, it's just breathing. Nothing mystical, just breathing.

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Killing breath? Is that someone with a severe case of bad breath then,or too much garlic :D

10. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Well, if it was the meatball marina Saz had, I'm guessing really strong fish breath! :p

11. Reakt

Reakt Valued Member

That HAS to be a windup.

Then again he's only 16, vivid imaginations and all that. Doesn't do the reputation of us younger folk any good though.

12. Kralk

Kralk Valued Member

Yeah and the "ha" part lets you fire lasers from your eyes right?

13. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I've also done breathing techniques in Aikido. They do bring benefits but I've never heard of what this guy is talking about. And making the sound "Ha" goes against everything I was taught. People tend to breath out too quickly when making the sound "Ha". It won't kill you or anyone else but it does defeat the point of a controlled breathing exercise.

As for eating a load of crap before classes. I used to do that too. I'd down a can of Tizer, a can of Irn-Bru, a Mars bar and a Snickers between the adult and junior classes. Never was sick. Not once. But other people couldn't do it and they had more experience in the same training regime as my self. So what does that say. Some people can't workout on a full stomach while others can.

MMMMM Tizer :D

14. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I always thought you were quite odd Aiki but now my suspicions have been confirmed ;)

15. koolaid

koolaid Valued Member

:) just smile and nodd

16. United We Fall

You see, when you breath "He" "Ha" or "Saw" you are using a different part of your lungs and thus changing the polarity within your body channeling your chi ( Chi: 0.5 volts of electricity within the human form) throughout your body and when you breath "Saw" you regulate more chi throughout the body then just "He" or "Ha" and can thus do more damage with Joint Locks and Joint Manipulation (I think Joint Manipulation is called Tue Tae (sp) (I know I didn’t spell that right) Lets say someone were to grab a hold of your wrist trying to abduct you. Well you place your the pressure point Heart 7 onto theirs and then place your wrist (with your free arm) onto Triple Burner 12 and play it like a fiddle thus causing the enemies torso to bend downwards. By using the breathing technique “Saw” with the joint manipulation you get more of an effect to it because your are channeling more chi throughout your body thus changing the flow of energy. Now if you were to look at the enemy while doing the joint manipulation it would hurt more..

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  17. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

What system do you study again??? :confused:

18. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

There are breathing techniques similar to what is being brought up here that I have practiced for "IMA", though they were more along the lines of "Heng and Ha"

Heng is a contracting breath and can be used either on the inhale or exhale, whereas Ha is an opening breath and can be used either inhale/exhale. However, what is being described is not what at all what I experience. The purpose of breathing this way is to contract or expand your central core and allowing for more of a "Whole body" contraction or expansion to be allowed during applications.

Ha is similar to the karatedo Kia (sp?) and is used to "release energy" Heng is used to draw in, honestly have not practiced enough other MAs to find an equivalent. Never heard of "Saw" not even in Qigong techniques so no idea there????

edit: The "Play the fiddle" you refer to sounds like a Tai Chi posture "Play the fiddle/lute/guitar" but I have never heard it used this way. Not to mention the points you are mentioning don't really line up for any joint locks other than the wrist (Shenmen) Ht 7. This point is located on the wrist on the radial side near the cubital crease, but Sj 12 (Xiao Luo) is in the middle of the tricep, so you really are not locking the elbow for this technique. Can you describe more???

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  19. United We Fall

Eh... I'm still a little bit new at this breathing thing. Hopefully tomorrow at the dojo is Q and A day. I'll ask more about breathing techniques then.

Eh... I'm still a little bit new at this breathing thing. Hopefully tommorow at the dojo is Q and A day. I'll ask more about breathing techniques then.

20. United We Fall

Ryukyu Kempo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.