Brandon and Jason Scott Lee

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Jordan, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

So many people think these two men are related, but on the dragon dvd, linda lee caldwell makes it clear that the are not related. Why do people think they are related, becausse of their last name? Or am I misinformed, and if so could you tell how they are related? :confused:

2. Adam

Adam New Member

They aren't related. That they both are named Lee is a coincidence. Brandon Lee was offered the part of his dad in Dragon, but turned it down for some reason, and J.S. Lee got the part instead. Brandon later died in a filming accident on the set, so no Dragon 2 or Crow 2 :(

3. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

*cough* Crow: City of Angels *cough*

But I know what you mean ;)

4. Cain

Cain New Member

Too bad :(

Brandon had the capability to match his father's charisma.....

|Cain|

5. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Brandon was a really nice actor and he seemed to me to be a man of principles too, hence why he didn't want to take up the role of his father in Dragon.

6. BryanX

BryanX Valued Member

Well, I learned on a Bruce Lee documentary(Death By Misadventure), while Brandon was being interviewed...he said he didn't want to play as his dad in 'Dragon' because well...while Brandon was thinking on how to word it out, he had this unsure look on his face, then he says..."I didn't want to play the role as my father because...well...kissing your own mom, I mean that's..."

You get it, right? Then after that, he said something about he might have took the role as his father if it came at a later time. Watch the documentary and you'll learn more.

In any case, my english teacher in high school(after seeing 'Kiss of the Dragon'), she thought Jet Li was related to Bruce Lee.

7. Chelle

Chelle New Member

And the good looks too

8. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

jet li and bruce lee are related too! i think people are just ignorant on alot of topics. most non-kung fuers will probably tell you brucee lee died of heavy drug use like all 60's rock stars.

9. How

How Banned Banned

he didn't????
    Anyway:
    I liked Brandon Lee because he was a good actor.
    I liked Bruce Lee because he was a good martial artist.
    Brandon wasn't as good as his dad in martial arts (but he didn't live as long).
    But Bruce lee was a crap actor compared to his son.

10. Cyrax

Cyrax Forever Student

idiot...they are not related...well unless you really want to go deep...i mean we are all related in a sense

11. How

How Banned Banned

Idiot, he was being sarcastic.
    Hey we have the same first name, but you're a 10th kup. Well I'm a 7th kup, HA! in YO face!

12. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

How, you have so much to learn...... :)

13. Cyrax

Cyrax Forever Student

what the hell is a kup? im not a kup

14. Adam

Adam New Member

What movies has JS Lee done besides Dragon? I never saw him before or after that film.

15. Munky_Boxer

Munky_Boxer Banned Banned

He's in a new film called Timecop 2.
    Kup and Kyu are the same.

16. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Jungle Book the movie
    Rapa Nui
    The voice for the main guy in Lilo and Stitch