Bradley James Allan

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by agent, May 16, 2004.

1. agent

agent New Member

Hey has anyone seen Bradley James Allan fighting Jacky Chan in 'Who am i' and 'Gorgeous'? Brad Allan was in Jet li's wushu team and is fantastic!
    He can kick faster than any other martial artist i have seen.. he really is a sight worth seeing in action.
    As a result i think the best film for martial arts is 'Who am i'.
    you can see Brad's site here: http://jackiechanfriends.com/bradallan/

Im new by the way, hi everyone

2. Scottie

Scottie New Member

Brad allan

He's pritty cool. He's the only westener stunt man in Hong Kong. I don't think he was on Jet Li's wushu team, but he was taught by 2 of Jet's team mates.

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yeh, in Who am I, they had to bring him in cos the original guy wasn't able to do the kicking combo properly (when i say properly, i meant Jackie Chan's way).
    JBA is very talented man and a really cool guy, met him once and noticed that even though he's short, he's extremly well built, has some serious hang time with his flying kicks.
    BTW, he's not the first westerner stuntman in HK, he's the first non-HK in JC Stunt Team. I think the first westereners, were from Donnie Yen's group.

4. Scottie

Scottie New Member

I never said he was the first. There have been a few before him. I dont think he was the first non-HK in the JC stunt group either. I think Ken Lo was there before him, he's from Laos. The the tall guy in the cool 'thunderbolt' fight scene, who must have magic leg. Hes a ex-kick boxing champion, who like Brad Allan started as Jackies body guard.

5. agent

agent New Member

BTW, in 'who am i?' did BJA really lift his leg vertically like that at the beginning of the fight?
    If anyone knows id be interested!

6. jbm

jbm New Member

Yeah brad allan is awesome, hes pretty fortunate to be able work with the jackie chan stunt team, i hear its vitually impossible to be on that stunt team but since brad has the tempo that jackies looking for he got the job. Just see the movie Jackie Chan my stunts. I also have Gorgeous and recommend you see if you havent seen it yet, Brad really shines in that movie.

I was thinking about going to stunt school but im only 19 years old and I think you have to be 21 to go their. Man I was looking forward to jumping off 30 story buildings and getting set on fire :D now I have to wait a few more years, oh well it will be worth the wait.

7. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi All,

Saw 'Gorgeous' on TV yesterday - really impressed by the fight scenes between Jackie Chan and Bradley James Allan - obviously 'movie fu' - but some of the most exciting and entertaining stuff that I've seen in a while (appreciate that it's an old movie - but I hadn't seen it before)...

btw - found this thread when I did a Google on Bradley James Allan.

All the best.

Robert.

8. slideyfoot

slideyfoot Co-Founder of Artemis BJJ

'Gorgeous' has two fantastic fight scenes, thanks to Brad Allen's very impressive on screen ability and the high-level choreography you expect from Jackie Chan, but the rest of the film is utter drivel.

9. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi 'slideyfoot' and All,

I pretty much agree with you - I did wonder if perhaps the translation into English had lost some (ALL ???) of the plot????

Mind you, I remember during the late 1970's, Friday Night at the Gaumont State Cinema in Kilburn - many Friday nights - me and my girlfriend watching the late night Kung Fu flicks (11pm to 2am) normally two back to back REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD martial arts movies.

So what you (and most others) might consider drivel - I think of as an epic masterpiece of dialogue and plot :) :) :)

All the best.

Robert.

10. slideyfoot

slideyfoot Co-Founder of Artemis BJJ

Heh - fair enough, I guess its comparative. I don't generally watch a Jackie Chan film for its subtle plot, so I can't claim it didn't deliver on the martial arts side of thing; just a shame that made up such a brief proportion of the overall film, as the choreography was of a very high quality.