Boxing V wrestling

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Sambo Master, Oct 17, 2003.

?

What would win and what is better?

Poll closed Oct 23, 2003.
  1. Wrestling/Grappling

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Boxing/Striking

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Even

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Sambo Master

Sambo Master Banned Banned

What would win and Why.
    the reason for me setting this is because a boxer i dont like doesnt like me and he reccons he is mint. he only does boxing and i do wrestling and a bit of boxing.

What would win and what is better

2. Jay

Jay New Member

Sambo ... do you like anyone ???

You are one troubled character :D

3. saikyou

saikyou New Member

depends on the ability of the fighter. :D a good boxer can beat an average wrestler and a good wrestler can beat an average boxer. :D

4. Sambo Master

He has been doing it for years and i have done it for 4 months and i think i am better than him.

noone seems to like me much LOL

5. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

If the wrestler can clinch or get the takedown without getting knocked out, he should win.

6. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Banned Banned

SM, dude i think you have issues.

7. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I'd try being plesant, buy him a pint next time you see him ;)

8. Sambo Master

my **** i just kicked his ass so any one who think boxing is better is very wrong!

9. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

Grappling has a history for taking down kickboxers, boxers shold be even easier to take down.

10. Jay

Jay New Member

Sambo ... take some deeeeep breaths - breath in ....... breath out ......

11. Cain

Cain New Member

LOL!!! :D

Chill out Sambo! :D

|Cain|

12. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Sambo, have you ever started a non-vs thread?

13. johndoch

johndoch upurs

LOL

Sambo, you think you can now take out any boxer just coz you beat one guy. That must be one of the daftest things I've ever read on MAP

14. Sambo Master

thank you bon the reason i flipped is becoz i am not getting any gud adivce from this forum only a couple are. i dont think i can beat all boxers but i also do boxing so i know how thay work

15. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Sambo

So tell us how the fight went. Give us your thoughts on how you beat him. Was it through technical ability sheer aggresion. Dont just tell us you simply kicked his ass coz you dont win fights by simply kicking someone in the Butt

:D

As for your question as to what is better, its been covered many times and the general concensus comes down to the individual not the style.

16. Sambo Master

It went ok i just waited. he was, like most boxers, showing off with all of the movement i just did the sambo thing and waited for him to make a mistake and he did. he left his guard open so i chined him and double leged him he tried to scamble up again so i went for the mount and avoided the punches and arm barred him which was the hardest part. he was quit strong and good i had fun thats the main thing.

17. Jay

Jay New Member

Were u sparring ? or was it a 'real' fight ? Fun ??

18. Cain

Cain New Member

I bet it wassa real fight and that Sambo hit him with a chair, put him into submission and tore off his arm and kicked him in the teeth........

:D

|Cain|

19. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

........ and I bet the chair was wrapped in barbed wire and set on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Cain

Cain New Member

.........and that Sambo gave out a loud blood curling yell straight out of a horror movie at end :D

|Cain|