Boxing to kickboxing and vice versa

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by kickboxingidiot, Dec 26, 2005.

1. republiksyawyan

republiksyawyan New Member

Your right,, kickboxers do need a shorter stance for a veriaty of reasons, one being to effectivly block leg kicks.

Hence their stances have to be more squared to really be able to A) manuever B) use the hipps when punching and still shift body weight from leg to leg.

It's not hard ,you go from naturale stance (shoulder width apart) and bring you power leg slightly back so the big toe is inline with your heel.

Some times the stance becomes a little wider when going for body punches because you need to squat down a bit to fly under those jabs and reverses and effectivly tourqe those punches.

My coach taught me to move my body as one, so always try and push yourself rather then pull when kickboxing.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2006
  2. Marc936

Marc936 New Member

i spar and train in international rules, which is basically it allows low kicks, full contact rules just seems stupid to me imo

Last edited: Feb 24, 2006
  3. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

yeah i meant 5thfreedom, i can imagine with FC or american rules you can get away with it. doing that in muay thai or international rules would get you killed