Boxing on TV (UK)

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Andy Murray, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Channel 5's Classic boxing match at midnight tonight is one of the clashes between Nigel Benn (The Dark Destroyer) and Chris Eubank in the 1990's

These guys fought like they really hated each other.
    Truth is they were well matched and always a spectacle.

Let me know what you think if you watch it.

2. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Banned Banned

Bugger!! If i'd been in the country i would have taped it, was it the first or second fight, thought Benn was robbed in the second fight with the point deductions for low blows.

3. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Both Fights were on last week saw them both and I couldn't miss the chance to see them again. First was the best IMO. But the second was still a classic. I thought a couple of Benns blows were low but I dont know about the point deduction. Its the refs decision on the night (Tough Luck). I think Benns tactics didnt help as he spent a lot of the fight stooping down to Eubanks waist height to avoid the head shots Eubank destroyed him with in the 1st Fight.

These fights made Benn/Eubank two of my favourite boxers because of the boxer/brawler combination.

4. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Oldbie

Saw the repeat of the second fight last week. I always liked Eubank personally. Did anybody see their Gladiator duel last week as well.

5. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

Benn was robbed in the second fight but the two were great fighters as was Watson before that tragic accident

6. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I liked this program a lot. Especially the whole realistic, high-yield training thing. The way they both picked up swordplay so quickly was amazing to see. I also liked the way you could see the two guys get to like each other a bit more over the course of the program. Quite inspiring really.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2003