Boxing Journey

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Ero-Sennin, Jan 7, 2013.

1. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Finished reading through the whole log, sorry to see that life has decided to urinate on your picnic and kick you in the guacamoles dude, that's rough :(. That took a lot of guts to post the footage of yourself as well as that big post. You're a better sloth than I am for doing it.

In any case, you'd probably love BJJ and weight-lifting shenanigans. As long as you have the Tapout gear for it.

2. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

This thread should win an award.

3. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Lol, I'm sure I know what you mean but my first reaction was an inner comment saying, "For what? An epic workup to an epic fail?"

Forgive me as I'm a self deprecating ass by nature; it takes a good few seconds to get over myself. :p

Thank you for the acknowledgment though.

4. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Just discovered this, so-called, training log. I'm trying to think of a response - which is difficult due to the bottle-neck that exists when a cistern of conflicting thoughts and feelings lie on one side, this Visual Basic form editor on another and my ten digits - which are seeming woefully inadequate presently - span the two.

Response?? MAP doesn't have proper emoticons ( which is probably for the best ). There should be a few that go beyond the standard fare of smiley - suitable for standard, appropriate emotions. There should be a graphic of some sort with its middle finger extended...cause that would be as close to a singular response ( due to the aforementioned communicative bottleneck ) as I could spit out.

I mean, what else best serves as a symbol for that searing flash of envy that one feels, on occasion, for a short time, when presented with a talent he truly admires and wishes he had - than the extended finger.

But MAP doesn't have an extended finger emoticon, so I'll just have to say,

"Damn, man - that is some fine writing...really is... which I had that"

5. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Just a thought, Ero, I'm going to be posting a 'recovery' log soon, based on trying to heal my torn hamstring.

I think it might be very beneficial if you did the same with respects to your head injur(ies)- this is, after all, a MA forum and the things that you discover and share could aid those who are facing debilitating symptoms themselves.

Also, by focusing on the recovery log, you will be more actively engaged in your healing - which often times falls to the way side when its a traumatic head-injury. When you injure a leg or have a fractured hand, you quickly get into researching and inquiring all you can regarding your condition.

When its your head...your brain that's been injured, what is going to take the brains executive function role? Your leg?

That's why you sometimes hear horrific stories regarding people who've had head trauma - no one is realising that the one who has suffered the trauma is having a bad time with interpreting their own condition and putting things in sequential order for execution.

A recovery log might also help you in ways you can't see now - maybe see patterns that become the pieces of a puzzle.

Mostly it would be entertaining for us to read!

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Very enlightening read, Ero. Thanks for sharing, please continue to do so. Best wishes in your recovery. :)

7. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I think I will darn it, do a log that is. Why not?

8. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

I've been away from MAP a while Ero. Damn you've had a tough ride. Good to hear you so positive about it and fighting on. All the best man.