Boxing and Big Noses

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by XeQshinor, Jun 6, 2005.

1. XeQshinor

XeQshinor New Member

Recently, I've been thinking about getting into boxing and was wondering if having a fairly large nose may limit me? Not that it will stop me from training in it, I'll take the risk of breaking my nose, but do you think my chances are greater because of this facial feature?

2. philliphall

philliphall Valued Member

I dont want to worry you but I to was cursed with a big hooter and it tends to get hit a lot. Not broke yet but it is only a matter of time. Just get better at getting out of the way than me is the only advice I can offer.

3. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Go boxing long enough and they'll sort that big nose out for ya ;)

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

By going into boxing doesn't automatically mean you're going to get your nose broken. lol. So relax.

You may be surprised just how hard you can get hit in the nose and not have it go 'snap, crackle, pop'. :eek:

My nose isn't big - but my bridge is delicate.... :love:

lol... and the times in comps that I have taken a shot bang on....
    it's never broken... only split and bled like a bizzastard.

Clean splits like that are easy enough to fix up (a bit of super glue or Aaron Alpha will do the trick in a pinch - however they won't allow it in comps... and it's will not have any side effects to your body etc.)

What's more is that if this is a massive concern... then let it be the impetus for you to drill your defense like a mad man. You should learn to bob/weave/parry/slip/feint and all that jazz.

So chill...
    unless your clockin' 1000 with ladies now... then look on any 'adjustments' as an improvement and a possible advantage to your 'game' with the lovely's. :D

5. Hades

Hades the deskjob boxer

I box, and i am blessed with a big nose.... and never had trouble with it

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I really wouldn't worry about your nose. I know a fair few people who box regualy and have big noses. They've still yet to have them broken or damaged.

You may get a nose bleed from time to time, but I really wouldn't worry about having it broken.

Make sure you keep your guard up and you'll be fine ;)

By the way, Welcome to MAP :)

7. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

nope, i don't think having a big nose will be a disadvantage in any way..

8. XeQshinor

XeQshinor New Member

Thanks guys, I'm a bit more relieved about the whole thing now. I'm sure i'll break my snoggin sometime in my MA career, and maybe boxing will decrease those chances by toughening the bone.... but hey, who "nose."

9. JKDrei64

JKDrei64 New Member

if you get to the point where you feel like your nose is becoming a target then work on your defense like mad.that way if some one is lookin to bang your nose up you can protect it with ease and give them a taste of their own medicine