Books on internal part of the (Yang) Taijiquan???

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by oldyangtaiji, Jul 3, 2006.

1. kurt wagner

kurt wagner New Member

No you were not. Not even close.

Unless you really are as stupid as you are trying to suggest you will know that the reference to knives was a metaphor. This was not a thread about training with knives. If you really thought it was, maybe you should try reading the threads before making your snide remarks.

If someone who has already insulted me were to offer me some "friendly advice" such as to watch my back, or be careful I'm not run over on the way home, I take it as a threat.

You say you were referring to avoidance. That is irelevant to anything except your comments suggesting I should go and tell my teacher I didn't think they were teaching tai chi. This fatuous comment of yours is again only based on your own supposition.

So, given that no reference was made to any individual by me, who are you referring to when you are talking of snakes in the grass?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  2. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Kurt, you ask someone what their suggestion meant, and when they tell you say:

So, your basically saying that you know what the suggestion meant better than the OP. Why then ask for clarification? :confused:

If the “snakes in the grass” were obvious, would they not be “snakes in the open”? :)

3. kurt wagner

kurt wagner New Member

His post sounded like a threat.
    I asked him to clarify.
    His response makes no logical sense in the context of the thread.

If you ask someone to explain something and they have given an irrelevant explanation, there is justification in thinking they have no good explanation or wish to avoid telling it.

I may not know what the suggestion meant. I do know that he is not saying what he really meant.

Unless, as I have already said, he really is that stupid.

4. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Kurt, there is now way you can know what he is really saying, it is only your personal understanding of his words. Just like here it is only my personal understanding of your words.

Personal understanding being personal, may differ significantly between individuals. I’m sure you understand this. So, if someone explains to you what they meant and you chose not to believe them and press your agenda, do you expect them to agree with your words.

Tai Chi is in part about yielding and letting go. Why not put these principles in to practice? :)

5. kurt wagner

kurt wagner New Member

I repeat: I did not say that I knew what he meant, which is why I asked him to clarify. His clarification did not clarify. It sought to confuse the issue and suggest a link that was never there.

Tai chi is also about enticing the opponent to commit themselves to an attack and counterattacking where they are vulnerable.

He over-extended.

6. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

You say that his clarification did not clarify. But, this is once again an issue of personal understanding, is it not? After all, it made sense to me, but not you. So, in this context, it would seem that you are overextending by reaching for further clarification, despite clarification already being given. Of course this is only my personal understanding. :)

7. jkzorya

jkzorya Moved on by request

Hi inthespirit, I really want to avoid another row - I'm getting tired you know!
    But in reference to this:
    As I'm sure I've said in previous threads, I have experienced many things that other people call profound qi experiences, I have just chosen subsequently to understand those experiences using a different framework.

I think kurt has made some quite brilliant points and as is really quite typical here, he is being treated with suspicion, hostility and unfounded disrespect. It is one thing to say to someone - how about using a bit of yielding - but why can't the more established forum memebers be a little more welcoming and a bit more open minded in the first place. My own "inititation" here was a total nightmare with personal comments and insults flying everywhere. I hated it. There have been times I've wanted to slip away, but I almost don't dare to in case people start making bitchy and snide comments - I've tried to leave some threads well alone, but little comments keep coming up and being re-inforced by others - little digs here and there.

Kurt is more than capable of standing up for himself it seems. Maybe some of you others could give him a break and try to hear what he has to say. I can't disagree with anything he's said yet.

Edit: In short - this is a cliquish place and people get metaphorically stabbed all the time.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  8. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

exactly, a metaphor, so why did you take it so seriously ???

Sometimes I get bored of metaphores sometimes i think they have there place.

But I assure you that i bear you no malice. For a start i don't know you from Adam. You're a smart guy, so get over it.

9. jkzorya

Or you could just say "sorry."

10. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

It was not a threat Mr. Wagner. Of that i assure you. I don't feel the need personally to sneak up behind anyone.

This comment was in reply to a comment you made. Personally i feel it was relevent. That is what teachers are for. Would you agree ?

It's a metaphor. You started a thread about a metaphor didn't you ?

I have been merely sharing my ideas with you via metaphor. However at your requests to explain myself. I have done. So now please calm down, you will do yourself an injury, and stress is not good at all.

11. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

And i suppose you can read my mind.. ;)

12. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Hoorah for jk.

As in life(sometimes) i may add..

13. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Hey Joanna,

I don’t see anything wrong with this:
    IMO any framework is as valiad as any other, but it is just that a framework. To me a framework is just like a looking glass/lens. We are free to chose how we see things.

This is true, and yes this section of MAP does seem to be developing a certain pattern for new members. But, as with any social community, one cannot merely show up all guns blaring and expect everyone to bow down. IMO one must first gain some credibility and respect. Nevertheless, my intention on this thread at the moment is to avoid the sort of confrontations we have seen in the past, and IMO Kurt seems to be pushing for one. After all, we are all Tai Chi practitioners, we should know how to let go, or was that let rip.. :)

14. jkzorya

Hi inthespirit

I don't think this is a case of anyone turning up with guns blaring. And I still think the forum community should be less cynical and more welcoming - what's wrong with hospitality? I think it would be better to give newcomers the benefit of the doubt a bit more rather than make them prove themselves "worthy," otherwise you are setting up a pretty exclusive club. If the forum behaviour reflects aspects of society at large, then maybe we can take a tip from Confucius / Kongfuzi and get our own house in order, and trying to spread that social change outwards throughout society. Community is good - cliquishness is not.

15. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

For what exactly ?
    I thought free speech was very much allowed in Great Britain ?

Mr. Wagner has certainly taken hold of the wrong end of my stick. For that I apologize. But I will never apologize for myself. ok with you jk?

I have never asked for an apology in my life. Deal with it and move on is my way. And i will be doing the Frank Sinatra number as long as their is music in me.

16. jkzorya

Hi cloudhandz,
    The only problem with your approach is that it forces others to back down when they are not even in the wrong. We shouldn't necessarily have to lose face just because someone else is being pig-headed.

17. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Well yes indeed, I must be the pugnacious ******* child of MAP. No one has 'lost face' other than in their own mind ..

And how do you know that kurt wagner feels that he has lost face in all this. I don't think or feel he has. It seems I am the bad guy in all this and not him.

My face is certainly the rotten one here. At least you seem to think so, from what i gather.

And i suppose you and or he have not approached the MAP forum in a (to quote you) 'pig headed manner' . God forbid anyone should be accused of anything hey ?

To be fair though pigsy was by far my favourite character in the Monkey series. And I was born in the Chinese year of the Boar... so go figure hey ;)

Any way for what it's worth I'm not falling out with you, or have any ill will to you or kurt wagner.

Bless you both for your input to MAP - to which I seem to be somewhat addicted :eek: . (And no that first bit is not sarcasm...)

And to quote one of my other all time fave series. "I think we've all learnt something today". hmm..

18. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

I'm all for it, we'll see how my ego does. :)

19. jkzorya

Well I, for one, am quite brilliant at humility ;)

20. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

I bet my humility jing is stronger than yours! I challenge you to humility duel!

:D