Bone Breaking Strikes

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by tai-gip, Nov 7, 2003.

1. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

Are they real?
    Do they work?
    Does your style teach them and if so what kind ?
    And how about some joint breaking locks and throws?

some examples please

Last edited: Nov 7, 2003
  2. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

Course they're real, theres plenty of them.

For example floating rib strikes, they break easy
    Theres also easy breaks with the joints; wrists, elbows, etc.

3. inacan

inacan New Member

All it requires is knowledge of where to strike and which way to apply the pressure.

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

How do you intend to use them?

5. Jeff Burger

Jeff Burger Valued Member

Why break bones when joints are so much easier and disable at least 2 bones ( the ones they connect ).

To answer the question...yes they are real.

Jeff

6. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

Yes.

Yes.

Yes. Danzan Jujitsu, Hawaiian Lua, & Escrima

Find your way to No. Calif. next June & I'll pay your seminar fees (& provide room & board) to train w/ one of the few Lua instructors teaching non-Hawaiians.

7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

I went to a silat seminar by Victor deThouars. He had two coconuts. He squated down, laid a coconut on the floor, and whap! Without pausing he hit the coconut. It split. Then he did it again with the other coconut. Then he passed around the coconut pieces for us to eat.

Some of the silat leg traps and throws cause an opponent to land at one's feet in much the same position as that coconut at Pak Vic's feet. Now, I could be wrong, but I think a coconut is a reasonable model of the human skull.

Conclusion #1: Don't let Pak Vic hit you.
    Conclusion #2: It's possible to break a human bone with one strike.

8. VTX

VTX New Member

I agree with Paratus floating ribs are easy to break, but not much to laugh about. I got one broken during a Silat training course once, sleeping ain't easy. But I'm not sure which was worse breaking the rib or finding out my medical insurance wouldn't cover the damned bill for the x-ray. Ouch!

9. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

yeah, they're real -- if you've ever broken a bone, think about how it happened. for example, you fall down and land on your fingers. they bend back and break. since you now know how they broke. use the same technique (bend back fingers) and break someone else's.

yes, they work -- by using the same technique from the finger breaking above, you have now figured out how to break a finger and apply it to someone else. obviously it will work.

10. Kanja

Kanja New Member

^ Well Said

11. shadow joe

shadow joe seeker of truth

man, im close, and i'll walk there if it means i'll get to be exposed to something worthwhile :)

but to answer the poster:

i train them and then intend to use them if i have to put that would be a serious moment... there are much easier gentler ways to stop an attacker than by breaking a limb...

look up the buhdda dit da (sp, sorry)

most of the time you train to target areas, toughen up the body, and train reflexive drills...

the dit da is good because you train with a brick, and you know if you can break this brick surely you can break an arm (it should be noted this practice is not like a karate person breaks a brick, that would be more akin to a hammer striking something)

but in grappling or something it's just like anythign else, you apply pressure SLOWLY until your opponent feels pain, and you do that so much that when you need to you just apply the pressure in a fast jolting action...

12. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

[Joe]"man, im close, and i'll walk there if it means i'll get to be exposed to something worthwhile."

No Problem, PM me for details. Three days of Jujitsu, Judo, Sword, & Lua, a camp site, meals, & Sake, and lots of good people.

You can get some background on camp Kilohana at http://www.fusuikan.com and the Kilohana sites.

I'd be happy two host one or two people.:)

13. jokerlaughsatu

jokerlaughsatu New Member

can i take you up on that?

14. YounGrasshopper

YounGrasshopper New Member

Great conclusion LOLOLOLOL

15. maverickv1x

maverickv1x New Member

No, people are totally unbreakable, especially totally ripped celebrity MMA fighters. Bone breaking strikes ar'net str33t.

LOL. kiddin' with ya...

Bones break. There are ways to hit and places to hit that can break lotsa bones that are taught at Moore's, as are joint breaking locks and throws.

16. Hapkido

Hapkido New Member

actually, it would be hard to break alot of MMA's bones. they know how to absorb strikes and what not so their bones dont break under the same pressure as the normal person.

17. maverickv1x

maverickv1x New Member

Very true. I can absorb some good shots myself.

But I sure as Hell am going to train my strikes to be faster, harder, and deeper to counteract it. Good point, though.

18. Buddroux

Buddroux New Member

i like joint breaking strikes...

19. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

almost anything in our bodies can be broken

20. killbill

killbill New Member

one of the reasons i am extremely reluctant to get into a fight, i'm afraid i'll break their arm.