Bokken Basics

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by nickh, Oct 27, 2007.

1. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

YOU have had a bad day? What about the first victim of DTG (dedicated to google) arrow snatching?

regards koyo

Attached Files:

• tosh.gif
      tosh.gif
      File size:
      74.8 KB
      Views:
  2. RAbid Hamster

RAbid Hamster Herr Trubelmacher

even the president of the USA appears to have tried this arrow catching lark!

[​IMG]

3. fat-lazy-git

fat-lazy-git Valued Member

i love the way they demo the shoot from standing and a full draw.
    then he stands off target and the shooter squats down and uses a draw of about 2-4 inches so the arrow has to arch up and only reaches the target on the drop down.

ive seen this done from a full draw on a recurve and a compound bow,also the japanese yumi.
    this video just goes to show the practitioner is there for one reason........his ego.
    chosonninja, if i or any of the people i have met that have practiced archery fired an arrow at you, youd better get out of the way.......same for the shuriken blocking, let me throw a shuriken ( or shaken) and you try to block it..........A&E springs to mind.

i thought bear had got choson to see sense.........but its clear his ego is too much in control of his common sense.

4. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

Main reasons I have never taught is because ,
    1. economics major reason never had enough to have a school all the insurance and so on.
    2. while I have 20 years in specific martial arts just always thought man I would so pass on some very bad thinking that is just part of my character to some kid thinking it is 'cool'. I mean I am no angel. My writing says it all.
    3. that fear of someone getting hurt an than what.
    4. a very un-healthy anger would be passed on. Part of why I have bad economic situation.
    5. the ability to be consistent for what I want, but just have no care for others needs type thing. Meaning I would just call of classes when I feel like it.
    6. lack the ability to think ahead, when it comes to long term focus. So would not be prepared to when some bad economic thing happened.

As for the arrow catch do that with a compound bow please, teasing I think it is dangerous. Some do think it is that anyone can do it, because they saw such and such do it.

5. fat-lazy-git

unhealthy anger.

i used to be wild.....but martial arts calmed me down.
    ive found martial arts to be mentally as well as physically stimulating.
    i find chosonwidget videos to be mentally.......erm......stupid.

6. fat-lazy-git

shes back...........and now shes trying to do aikido ( though it is a little better than the bokken basics).
    [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pMrFP1OstXM&feature=PlayList&p=1EAC68E7AC1EE470&index=19[/ame]

laura....stop doing these teaching videos, people are going to give you the same treatment as chosonninja and will never take you seriously.
    ive just been reading a book on hapkido...........so is it right for me to teach it as so.
    i can teach a variation in my club as im im a jujitsu instructor....
    sorry babe.......but when you do earn a real blackbelt, we probably still wouldnt take you seriously.

i hear your good at judo.......so why not do some judo videos in your actual judo club ( probably your instructor will not be too happy).

good luck laura..................your really going to need it.

7. RAbid Hamster

hope she never takes an interest in WMA! ... dont fancy having to explain to her rather blinkered attitude that judo experience and wafting a bokken in her bedroom does not mean she can use a longsword.... Then again I do run a duelling society! :D

8. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Can you say [ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=x9NYPSeqn2Y]Napoleon Dynamite?[/ame]

Also his [ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P0wr-Oqe_bQ]Shuriken nigirigata and dahogata [/ame] are pretty bad.

9. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Again the girl is setting herself up to be flamed. The only way you have a chance against the sword is being close enough to push the hilt down so that it cannot be drawn and then grapple. If some one grabbed my right wrist I would pin them rather than do what she did. Or simply strike the ribs with the hilt using my left hand.
    Again this is a nonsensical technique invented by someone who has no knowledge of aikido or sword.We could do countless posts on correcting what they are showing on you tube.

regards koyo

Nikkyo a proper aiki ken technique against a wrist grab.Simple effective using the tsuka (hilt)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  10. fat-lazy-git

some people want to earn their grade.....others just pretend and wear silly ninja suits.

if she tried ratifying through my group and started doing that, id just ask her to leave the mats.

clearly its a case of..........cant be bothered to actually do a martial art so ill just fantasize about doing one instead.if this is what choson ninja classes as an instructor/quality of instruction for his art.......then it should die out pretty soon.

and a message to anyone posting a message on youtube about us.........dont bother, any one who posts there saying "ooooh choson your so wonderful and masterful" is clearly a person who has had little or no experience in martial arts so we know notr to take them seriously..
    MORONS:)

11. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Hey! :eek:

I'll have you know they are purely for comfort!

:D :D

12. fat-lazy-git

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
    check this out.......absolutley hilarious.........

nearly wet maself
    [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hMd6HldZ0To&feature=related[/ame]

lets all wear ninja suits in the park swinging "korean" buttrfly swords

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
    MORON

13. fat-lazy-git

sorry spooks.....:)
    but when i trained in togakure....we didnt even wear ninjja suits ( wimper)
    just black gis and tabi

14. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Still the same now :D

15. fat-lazy-git

but i WANTED to wear one,ive seen a nice yellow one and i could stick the korean badge on it and teach hapkaikijudojujitsuiaidotogakurefumawadowingchun -do

16. fat-lazy-git

actually ive just seen some pictures in a shoalin book so now im teaching

hapkaikijudojujitsuiaidotogakurefumawadowingchunshoalin5animalstaichi5sectionbrocade-do

17. fat-lazy-git

and to be an instructor you must answer these 2 questions.

1/ WHAT is you favourite colour.
    2/ What is the average speed of a european swallow.

18. fat-lazy-git

and dont you just hate it when you have loads of emails saying theirs been a new post on the forum :)

19. RAbid Hamster

1) Blue ....... No, white!
    2) laden or unladen?

There is no question to join us ... you simply have to give an answer. I risk breaking 6 months of tradition in giving you the answer today but that answer is

'its my round' :D

20. fat-lazy-git

sorry hamster but you failed on the first question.

anyone ever remember the game ninja hamster on the spctrum 48k.

thought i recognised chosonninnies techniques

( and no im not that old just coz i had a speccy.......i used to have the c16 before that)