Bohdi Sanders

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Oldi, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Oldi

Oldi Valued Member

Has anyone read any of his work? A Karate instructor friend of mine posted a quote from "Modern Bushido" onto his Facebook page, and it piqued my interest.

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&field-author=Bohdi%20Sanders%20PhD&search-alias=books-uk&sort=relevancerank"]His page on Amazon UK[/ame], for those who are interested.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  2. mttkdguy

mttkdguy New Member

The guy is a total fake...check out his online resume...all of it bought and paid for (fake 10th dan, fake doctorates from diploma mills, pay to play halls of fame, vanity writing awards, etc., etc.) But what they heck...his "work" consists of plagiarizing better writers and classic MA texts, so what's the harm, right? "Bohdi" isn't even his real name...it's "William." Guy definitely doesn't practice what he preaches...

3. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

That book made me want to log off. Its going to take some mental toughness to stay on and find a good thread to read.

4. mttkdguy

mttkdguy New Member

Looks like some people are questioning Bohdi's credentials...there's a big write up on Bullshido about the duy that totally picks apart all his claims about himself...apparently he's freaking out and going as far as to scrub his web sites (he's already changed his online resume and LinkedIn pages, but there are screen shots of the originals floating around)...his "celebrity" martial arts writer endorsers are dropping him like flies...he's already posted shrill comments on his facebook sites (he has numerous) about dropping all his detractors/stalkers and anyone on their friend lists ("it's either ME or HIM!!!) which he then deletes as to remove the evidence of his hysterical behavior...now, I'm told, he's planning a big reveal where he will PROVE that all his fake credentials are real...I can't wait to see this photoshop-fest...should be a riot!

5. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

i am his student, he gave me a black belt. am i to say it was a fake belt?

6. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Your write up on Bullshido and Facebook is certainly an interesting read.

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I feel like there's already a relatively well-known martial artist named William Sanders. I could be misremembering. But I want to say... American Kenpo(?)

EDIT: Nope. Steve Sanders. My fault.

8. Docholiday

Docholiday Valued Member

Regardless of the guys credentials his writing is crap, or possibly plagiarized crap. It's a bunch of idealized drivel that made sense to me as a martial arts fascinated middle schooler, but as an adult I see it for what it is, uncreative and repetitive. This guy frequently uses saying like "a true martial artist..." Or "a real martial artist....", it's crap who is he to say what is real martial arts? Martial arts are trained for many things and at the end of the you're training to hurt and stop badguys, dress it up any way you like. I think he's watched one too many 1980s movies and fancies himself a modern day Mr Miyagi. His sayings are like people that say "real women..." And "real men...." It's a snob mentality that tries to brand a one that thinks differently as a false martial artist. I don't care how bad of a martial artist you are, if you train in martial arts you are a "real martial artist". If you want philosophy take a class, read the work of people that are studied in philosophy. The philosopher/martial artist is played out. These guys all preach calm, peace, nonviolence , which are great and all but they also want to be respected for their martial abilities. So at the end of the day, even if his rank is legit, his writing is still crap. It feigns deep thought but it's just the opposite. He's parroting and repackaging the same Bruce Lee quotes that have been around since the 1970s. Let's see some new and fresh martial philosophy that actually reflects careful and creative thought.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  9. mttkdguy

mttkdguy New Member

Prove It

Hi ShadowHawk...

Well, if you are Bohdi Sanders student, and he gave you a black belt, you won't mind posting photos of yourself with Bohdi and the belt and the rank certificate? C'mon...it'll will be the FIRST actual photographic evidence that Bohdi actually does martial arts...