bodyweight workout

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ade1971, Dec 1, 2012.

1. ade1971

ade1971 Valued Member

hello has anyone got simple bodyweight routine i could practice at home useing a pull up bar and other bodyweight exercises that would increase my strength and fitness for my martial arts training any routine will do

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

3. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

This sounds perfect for your needs.

http://www.fitness666.com/p/bodyweight-666.html

4. sandygothes

sandygothes New Member

The pull up exercise does require some basic equipment, or some creativity but it's a great, simple way to build upper body strength.It also the tuck jump exercise ranks near the top of the list for developing explosive power using only an athlete's body weight.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Karl Gotch Bible ftw!

6. TheLongRoad

TheLongRoad Valued Member

http://ashotofadrenaline.net/

this guy has a bunch of fitness programs for different levels of strength. Plus he has a ton of videos to go along with them so you can see how you're supposed to do the exercises.

I'm currently re-reading Convict Conditioning by Paul Wade which has some nice progressions for some of the main bodyweight exercises (Pushups,Pullups,Squats,L-sits,Handstand Pushups, and Bridges).

Right now it's effing cold outside so I'm using a really simple routine to stay active. Note I have no chinup bar in my new house so you could probably toss that in somewhere.

30 jumping jacks
    20 pushups
    20 squats
    20 situps
    20 chair dips
    1 minute plank.

Try not to rest between exercises, then take a break at the end. I generally go about 2 minutes, then do it again. 3-4 cycles. This is a really easy cycle to keep active, if you're in decent shape already you can up the numbers, or do more cycles, or modify the exercises.

7. Adwerd

Adwerd New Member

Here is nice post and most informative links also. But i think the last one is most informative and comprehensive post. I am totally agree with you and I would like thanks to you that you share this post here with us.

8. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member