Bodybuilder Lee Priest inks face like Mike Tyson!!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by slipthejab, Apr 9, 2007.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I saw him on the cover of Muscle Development Mag(?) in the grocery the other day and I thought naw.... must be a good makeup job or CG as a publicity stunt or something like that. I don't generally follow bodybuilding (but I don't knock it either)... but Lee Priest is somewhat pop culture icon of sorts... you can't have gone over a newstand without having seen him on the cover of some muscle mag if you live in the modern world... err... can you? :confused:
    At first glance I though it was Mr. Thighs... Tom Platz. :eek:
    Anyhow, I never really figured bodybuilders for face ink to be honest. I could be wrong but I don't think many of the pro's sport ink. So it was a bit of a surprise.

So today on T-nation I searched it... sure as shinola.... Lee Priest inked his face. :eek:

Just curious your take on this.
    Comments anyone? :confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  2. slipthejab

Here's the Tyson ink...

Attached Files:

3. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I wouldn't have thought body builders would get tattoos at all as the added colours detract from the light-dark contrast on the boundaries between muscle groups making the muscles less visible. You can see it on the guy's right shoulder in the pic above.

4. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I saw this a while ago when it first happened and he is just confirming his status as a joke IMO. Then again, I think all pro BBers are mad so what do I know.

5. Boxerboy

Boxerboy Valued Member

kind of sad really, these famous people getting moko tattoos generally have little to no idea of the meaning behind them

6. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

i love the heavily parted-on-the-side blond hair and face ink........

that has to be the most "out of place" tat I have ever seen

7. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Even assuming it looks okay at the moment (debateable, IMO), he's certainly going to regret it in a few decades.

8. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

I like Tyson’s tattoo, i think it suits him (not that id ever get one!).

But i think it looks crap on this guy. To me it just looks a little silly on a blond haired white guy. But that’s just me.

Kind of like the milky bar kid trying to look hard :D

9. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Assuming this is real... which, I guess it is, I don't have an inherent problem with him tattooing his face. Really, I don't. He's an adult, he can make his own decisions. I'll need to see more pics to determine whether I think it looks *good*, on the other hand.

What do I know, though, I'm about to get tat # 15. Although none are above the pecs/traps or below the wrist!

10. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

It's not like he's an office worker or something. He's a pro-bodybuilder and car racing enthusiast & has never been known to handle convention well or keep his mouth shut for extended periods. He's a bit of a joker & I don't think something like this is entirely out of character for him. I also think it would be completely in his character not to care if other people don't like it.

11. Fishbone.

Fishbone. Banned Banned

Steroids?

12. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

kind of sad really, these famous people getting moko tattoos generally have little to no idea of the meaning behind them

To me it's the same as all these people getting japanese and chinese writing tattoo'd on themselves without even being able to read it. If you can't read it, why get it?
    It's like, I dunno, a black guy in Africa or something, getting "cread mile failte" tattoo'd in a cletic text. Don't make no sense.

13. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

Clearly they didn't think of using Photoshop first. ;)

14. slipthejab

hmm... so who says' their moko tattoo's as opposed to face tattoos in a tribal style. Neither of them look similar to proper moko to me. Not in motif, style or lineweight... and I'm sure neither Tyson or Priest got them in the traditional manner... so how on earth could they be mokko's?!

The Maori's weren't the only people in the world to have face tattoo's you know. :rolleyes:

15. Shadow_of_Evil

"so who says' they are moko tattoo's as opposed to face tattoos in a tribal style."

Sorry. Had to fix it, cause I got confused when I read through it first.

16. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

To each their own, btw Dorian Yates, previous Mr. Olympia, had tatts on his forearms

17. slipthejab

lol. Pedant.

18. Shadow_of_Evil

19. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

no, tattoos.

20. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Pretty dumb place to get a tattoo. Especially for a blonde white guy.

Most tattoo places around here would NEVER tattoo your face. In fact, I dont think I know of a single place that would.