Body Weights and cardio to reach my goal?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Joel_, Apr 12, 2012.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

ahhaha... I knew I couldn't be the only one cringing at all the 2cm travel press ups with hips almost touching the floor, lumbars blowing out and rotator cuffs getting stripped. :p

Now that I have some more info from the OP I'll have to post up some stuff that will fit the bill. But for now... head down... tomorrow is race day so need a solid 8 of kip. Sunday evening will fire up some ideas for drills etc.

2. Joel_

Joel_ New Member

Thanks for all your input guys! I can already feel the effects from training the past few weeks. I can tell my body fat % has gone down for sure, and I feel so much more energized during the day! I'm going to pick up a set of free weights in a few months once this gets a little too easy.

3. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Thats awesome buddy.

Nice thing to read to start my day.

4. Joel_

Joel_ New Member

Another question. Should I be worried about losing muscle with my body fat? or will I be ok as long as I keep doing some body weight routines?

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

That will largely be dependent on your overall training regime, your metabolism and your daily diet. What you eat is just as important as how much you eat. So if you are eating enough protein, not overloading on carbs and still hitting the bodyweight you should be fine. Start really looking at your eating habits. When you eat and what you eat. Think of it as looking at the bigger picture of health... not only getting stronger but also getting smarter as you learn to listen to your body and understand the hows and whys of your body and which energy system your using.

6. SuperBoy

SuperBoy New Member

Check out Ross Enamait (google him). He has great articles about condiotioning and bodyweight strength training.

http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/strengthtraining.html

http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/indooroptions.html

Theres few.

Remember that there there are lots of different type of push ups, squats and abdominal exercises. Just don't get caught at one point without progressing. For chin ups/ pull ups I think doing 3-4 sets with particular number of reps and then going all out (almost failure) with the last is good, same for push ups.