Bob Spour

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by ThaiNinja, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

Hi guys

Ive just joined the forum and its been great for training advice and help with my training, i was thinking about starting muay thai as they teach that at my club. My club trains under Bob Spour and i have read some negative things in the press about his reputation etc, i was wondering if anyone has any knowledge about whether its true as i dont believe half the things i read and would they recommend his training?

cheers

2. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

3. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Well he told a lot of lies, but I have heard, and seen, that he's a good thai boxer.

Personally I wouldn't train with him because I don't like people who say they were in the special forces when they weren't. It kinda insults the elite guys who were.

4. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Ive never heard of Mr Spour competing in Muay Thai and I have only seen one of his 60(ish) clubs have boxers competing,seen as Muay Thai is a sport you would think that either teacher or students would have done some ring fighting.

5. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

I however HAVE heard of Bob Spour and cna heartily recommend you stay well away from the lunatic. If you wanna learn a bit about british thai boxing trying this forum www.axkickboxing.com most of the countries best coaches, promoters and fighters all regularly read and post on there.

6. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Lol Master Betty say it as it is!.

I have heard of Bob S in fact im on that discussion on Ax you pointed to,my point actually was I never heard of him competing or that his camps dont compete much if at all.

Actually I remember the founder of Phraya Pichai who is a very nice guy,at that time(25 years ago) they did compete and sucesfully to.:)

7. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

Thanks for your replies guys,I really don't like the whole ex SAS nonsense, the man himself has no credibilty with me!It's the guys who run my club that take the classes,he just does seminars every so often that u pay extra for!think I might try a few classes at my club that are included in my fees and not do any seminars with mr spour!think u have to respect who is teaching u&i don't respect anyone who takes money off people while lying about their past!

8. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Very true!

9. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Apologies for the thread necro, but has there been any new news on this fella?

Has he been prosecuted or is he still active?

10. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

He is still active. Saw his name connected to a seminar recently.