Blue belt Promotion - ADVICE NEEDED

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by KSN_Princess, Oct 19, 2011.

1. KSN_Princess

KSN_Princess Kuk Sool Won Princess

Hi Ya'll,

Im getting promoted to my next belt tomorrow in Kuk Sool Won before class is over. But my FH told me to make a FB event & see who comes out. But heres the thing i ready don't think anybody is going to come out & seeme get promoted in which would only take a few mins to do so & its not like its a promotion ceremony. The adults get promoted in class instead of being promoted in the promotion ceremony cause of a few adults complaining to the JKNs & PSBN. So should i invite some of my friends out? Oh & after the class is done with there is really nothing to do plus the promotion is on a weekday too. any good advice???
    TIA Ya'll
    Mz Lu

2. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

mmm, if it's over in a few minutes doesn't really sound like it's worth inviting lots of people to. Maybe one or two if they live nearby to take some pics.

3. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Congratulations on your promotion, and I think you should keep it just to close friends and family if you feel it's appropriate, which you apparently do not. I've never liked people cheering me on in martial arts outside of my classmates. It's a very personal thing for me. I'm sure you'll be fine in whatever you choose though. :)

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

When I was teaching I could barely get parents and family to come let alone friends. You could post it on FB but I wouldn't expect much of a turnout. Congrats on your promotion also. I rarely attended my own promotions simply because I didn't like being the center of attention.

5. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

My aunt said she wanted to attend my blackbelt test when the time comes - I'll have fam and friends then :)

Regular testing though, nope. Just the friends in my dojo and my senseis of course.

Congrats on the blue belt though. :) I'd love to wear the pretty blue belt when the time comes. Love the bright color! :)

For now I loved my yellow belt and now my orange belt, hehe.