Bladed SAIS

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Black Lotus, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odaeariel

odaeariel Banned Banned

Indeed. And it's not like you are going to go out and bang your head against a brick wall untill you forget all that you've taught yourself.

2. micky-fox

micky-fox Banned Banned

Exactly, Odaeariel. :)

Spooky, like I said, I will let my instructor tell me what to do and what not to do, and just because I know how to twirl and what not does not mean that I won't do what the instructor says to me, because somehow I twirl everytime he gives me advice or when teaching...:rolleyes:

3. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Have you started looking for a Dojo?
    Where you from someone here may be able to help!

We're nice like that, believe it or not :D

4. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Because aesthetics are not part of serious weapon training. I study knife fighting. I study it seriously as its a serious problem in my town. When I have a knife in my hand Im not tossing it in the air and catching it in my teeth, its not a realistic way of training. If I did go that way, and could roll it across my knuckles at 40mph, what good does that do me? If thats how I train, thats what will come naturally to me should I ever need to use the training. In which case Im a dead man.

5. Lord Spooky

he he he I "palm" everything I pick up now out of habbit :D

6. micky-fox

micky-fox Banned Banned

Sgt, I don't really throw my sai in the air and catch it in my teeth. Nor do I do anything that is going to prevent me from being able to learn it with a teacher.

I believe you. I have started loking for a teacher and I did make a thread about it. I am still looking, but should find one soon, I hope. :)

7. odaeariel

odaeariel Banned Banned

Person might come at your hand with their knife, and to save time turning the knife around quickly after moving your hand away, you did it both and the same time and then slashed the persons throat open?

8. Sgt_Major

a perfect example of unrealistic training :rolleyes:

9. micky-fox

micky-fox Banned Banned

Uh, yeah, sure. Anyway, I don't train like that or anything close to it. You certainly do over-exaggerate in what 'unrealistic training' is.

10. odaeariel

odaeariel Banned Banned

Out if interest.. What do you consider realistic training?

11. Sgt_Major

full contact. even with weapons (training ones obviously). The most direct path is normally the best.

If you came at my hand with a knife, I'll move that hand, parry you with my other and stab you in the face. Fight over. but like I said a serious knife fighter wont show you the weapon before you feel it. So speed attacks are a must to hone your responses, wooden/blunt steel knifes, not rubber ones also, so you do feel a little pain when contact is made.

12. Lord Spooky

The need for plastic sheeting to be on the floor for the blood!!

:D :D

13. micky-fox

micky-fox Banned Banned

Oh, sounds like fun...:rolleyes:

14. odaeariel

odaeariel Banned Banned

Sounds very realistic!

15. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

When you learn to properly fight with the weapons against a live, resisting opponent, then you are doing realistic training. That's how we do it at my kwoon (with proper safety precautions and proper instruction).

ROFL. It's called "cigaring" and is common in many Chinese sword forms. It's actually quite difficult to do.

16. micky-fox

micky-fox Banned Banned

Hence, I said 'good luck'...

17. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Don't need it, can already do it, thanks. :) Our instructor works on that technique from day one, 'cuz it's so important to Chinese forms. (It still needs work, but I can do it)

18. micky-fox

micky-fox Banned Banned

Okay, you do realise I wasn't even talking to you when I said that, right?

19. Lord Spooky

You'd bloody quoted him????

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  20. micky-fox

micky-fox Banned Banned

Once again we offer you 'English - Basic Skills Volume 4'. Maybe you should collect the whole set! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.