Black Friday Madness in the UK

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Rhythmkiller, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

This is just bonkers, reports are coming in from all over the country of shops being shut down and assaults all over the place. I wouldn't mess with these crazy shoppers.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwsDZB48LWw[/ame]

Baza

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'd rather pay full price for something than deal with that.

3. Rhythmkiller

Absolutely, need to get my dad a gift for his birthday today. I work on a main street, i dare not venture into the shops around the area lol.

Baza

4. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Thats why I did it online.......

Plenty of deals online. Done all my Christmas shopping before December, One less thing for the wife to complain about :)

5. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

I worked a night shift yesterday, a load of the lads in work were online at 9pm waiting in a que to get onto the currys website. Not a big que it was only 200,000 people long 3hours before the deals came up. A que Of 200,000 to get onto a website! I didn't even know you could que for websites but you learn something new everyday.

6. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Thats a new one on me as well. I did it at 5.30 this morning on my tablet whilst getting ready for my shift.

Not sure I would bother queue for access to a website, I found some good deals on Amazon. Noted that the Game website crashed earlier!

7. Rhythmkiller

Done all my Christmas shopping already too, bought my little girl a laptop last week for circa £500, today it was down to £366. Still no fighting for it involved.

Baza

8. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Online or did you enter the melee? About to go to lunch in a highstreet near my work, Do I need my gumshield? :)

For all the hype I found some good bargains! Now to get something for myself, DA inquisition calls....

9. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I need to go to Home Depot to basically order an entire kitchen from cabinets and flooring to a sink and fridge.

Do all the sheeple consumers go to Home Depot on black friday?

The fact that there are people who will wait an entire day to buy a product for a few dollars cheaper kinda' disgusts me a whole little bit of a lot.

10. Rhythmkiller

All done online Dan, i (well my wife really) have been doing it online for about three years now. Can't deal with the trolly rage and shoppers in general.

Baza

11. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Thats the only way I would do it, unless I was passing.. say Game and its not busy.

A bargain not a bargain if I get arrested in the process, Can't deal with the general consumer public and the rudeness associated with it.

Luckly my Wife is a technophobe so she has not yet grasped internet shopping, when she does it will be a black day indeed for me and my bank balance.

12. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

That was frankly disgusting. I haven't witnessed scenes like that since the church jumble sales of my youth. (And I'm only half joking about that.)

I hadn't heard of 'Black Friday' before today, apart from in the Steely Dan song of the same name, which I had always assumed was about something entirely different.

13. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Personally I dont wait, if there are deals online I will generally have a look, scenes of people pushing and shoving at five in the morning is kinda bizarre... No thanks

14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Its the fact that you got people fighting over to pay for TVs they don't need!

I been trying to nab an Xbox1 online since 9am mind you ;p

15. Rhythmkiller

16. HappyAiki

HappyAiki Valued Member

the worst bit is, that people are being scammed. We pay overinflated prices most of the year so that we can be "given" these discounts once a year. It is crazy marketing built for this consumer society. It is even worse in the US of A.

Kinda makes me loose faith in humanity a little...

17. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I just bought a whole bunch of vinyl online from one of the labels I collect. They dig out some old releases that they have held back for special occasions (Black Friday & Record Store Day) and do some limited presses of stuff.

Some of the numbers are really small; 25, 15, 12 copies of some of the stuff...managed to grab them all.

I have very mixed feelings about all this. I'm a collector and I love music (really?) but I feel a lot of record shops, lablels and bands are doing stupid things for Black Friday and Record Store Day, i.e. releasing all this insanely limited edition stuff. I can understand "pop" bands doing this, but it seems a bit against the punk ethos. Call me a hypocrite though...I'm probably first in the queue to buy it.

I've been thinking of buying a MIDI controller / keyboard thing and I was hoping the one I wanted would be in a sale somewhere, but no such luck! It seems the big online musical instrument shops didn't bother with BF.

Oh well....Roll on RSD 15.

18. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I just searched for "midi controller black friday sale" and found a load!

What kind of controller are you after?

19. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

Wall mart here in the U.S. was a mad house bros, ther were like ten or fifteen sheriffs deputies there just to keep thee peace, and i live in a small comunity.

20. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I just checked GAK and Thomann and local places.

Erm...Akai mini 2.