BJJ - MMA Academy Liverpool

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by SaintDomingo, Jun 6, 2016.

1. SaintDomingo

SaintDomingo Valued Member

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the sun!

I've just signed up for the free trial at the MMA Academy in Liverpool which lasts 30 days (chosen BJJ). Now obviously I know what I'm in for and they're supposed to have great structured classes but I'm still a bit nervous so I was just asking about any tips. I have some (little) experience in Judo so I know to tap early and I (hope) understand about using my weight when on top (in side control for example). My judo class tended to be 50/50, maybe 60/40 in favour of stand up but on the whole I enjoyed the groundwork more than the throwing or take downs so I'm hoping I like BJJ!

Anymore tips by any chance? I think I made a thread about something similar before but now it's for real! I guess I kinda have a bit of anxiety when it comes to classes. Boxing, Judo was the same and it will be when it comes to BJJ too. Any advice would be great!!!

Thanks again, I know you're all busy with your own problems and that so I really appreciate any replies!

2. Klaus7

Klaus7 Map Noob :)

i dont have much to say or offer but good luck i guess! bjj ftw!

3. SaintDomingo

SaintDomingo Valued Member

Cheers mate, I know you've been troubling about your own bjj experience so I hope you've managed to get it sorted! Just an FYI - There's a Roger Gracie Academy in Chester (about a 40 minute drive from me) but if I could, I would go there without a second thought!

Thanks again mate, good luck yourself but get down to the Roger Gracie place if you can! I think someone not long ago said he went to one in London and saw GSP inside?! Thought it was an admin on this forum who said it!

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I've got a friend training there, he loves the place. I'm sure you'll be in good hands :)