BJJ Camp?

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by alister, Mar 30, 2007.

1. alister

alister Huh?

Yeah yeah..."BJJ is the gayest MA!" Bla bla bla bla :rolleyes:

Not that sort of camp.... :D

I was watching a BJJ DVD - "Arte Suave" (very good by the way) and it featuerd a BJJ Camp in Brazil. It looked great!

Does anyone know any details of this or other such camps and has anyone been on one - how was it?

2. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Lots of the big clubs have camps, some of them are permanent, others just run for a week.

I went to Gracie Camp a couple of years ago and did a review of it here:
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42544&highlight=gracie+camp

There are popular one week camps run by Alliance, Top Team and many others as well. Having said that, you can go and train at any of those if you sort out your accomodation. Usually you just need to get in touch with them and ask.

3. Connovar

Connovar Banned Banned

My wife and I are planning on attending the Alliance camp in Brazil. Its great training and its next to some great beaches so both the wife and I are happy! :)

4. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Is that the one in Buzios? I had a friend who went to that one and it sounded fantastic. Buzios is an awesome place for a holiday as well, a bit like Saint Tropez, but in Brazil.

5. alister

alister Huh?

Hey Gost Frog - great review, sounds like a great experience.

Connovar - do you have a web address or details for the alliance camp?

6. Connovar

Connovar Banned Banned

I dont have any details other than it will be in August. Alexandre Paiva (GG) will be coming thru again in about a month and we will probably get some more details at that time. Be aware that there is a back up on passport applications now because of the law changes so you might want to get started on that. When I get more info I will post it on here.