Bill "Superfoot" Wallace (new)

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Van Zandt, Aug 3, 2008.

1. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

My wife has had knee surgery within the last year and there isn't even a scar. I've had back surgery and can basically do everything (even get stacked pretty heavily in grappling). Guys who are older hear about back surgery and they automatically think, 'fused discs'.

Medicine has come a long way.

I have no doubt Wallace would have done well in MMA. He was, however, already retired before it even was around. But many guys in the old days were proficient in both judo and karate/TKD. Many of the old legends took both. Both my primary instructor and the head instructor when I was a kid were black belts in Judo as well as TKD. But as life got more and more hectic and being a professional instructor became less and less financially feasible the cross-training became more and more the exception rather than the rule.

2. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Superfoot have you come across this bookat all? I've also seen the DVD that goes along with it for £7.99. Is it any good do you know?

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

The book is better than the DVD. It contains some very effective exercises, which Sang H. Kim uses to maintain the level of flexibility you see on the front cover.

4. theshadow

theshadow Valued Member

my first MA book i bought was stretching & kicking by superfoot and i'v always took an interest in him since.Could u tell me if he was naturally left footed?

5. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

do u think that mayb yr slightly obsessed with Bill? is it love, how sweet ;)

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

theshadow> yes, Bill is left handed and left footed. Strange twist of fate that an injury to his right leg stopped him doing Judo and sent him to Karate :)

k1ckboxer> my therapist says I'm doing well and may even be allowed to play with the other patients before Christmas ;)

7. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

lol nice one, great response, happy christmas then :cool:

8. AndyT

AndyT Valued Member

I apprecaite this is an old thread, but for all those interested Bill 'Superfoot' Wallace will be over in the UK on Sunday 17th May 2009 for a one day seminar/workshop.

If anybody is interested, let me know and I can send you details.

All the best,

Andy