Bill Gates...no longer the richest man.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Chris.B, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

What what do you mean, who in the world could possibly have more then 40 billion dollars. I mean, who would want more....how can you use more. Well the owner of IKEA has found his little fortune. How much richer could he be you might ask. Not to much, can't be that much. Well you're right he's only 10 richer. 10 what? Oh just 10 BILLION DOLLARS richer. So they say.

2. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Is the Bill Gates figure pre or post lawsuits?

I wonder how much he spent during the whole MONOPOLY thing? :D

3. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

The IKEA guy supposedly is worth 53 billion dollars. I hear that IKEA denies this, and says he doesn't even own the company. Whether it's 40 or 53 billion, it's still an astounding amount of money. I hope he's doing some good with it. I mean, you can't possibly spend that much money on yourself, can you??? :confused:

4. Scipio

Scipio New Member

5. blaksun

blaksun Banned Banned

I could spend 50 billion dollars. In a week.
    Both of those dudes rip their customers off...IKEA makes everybody make their own damn furniture, and Microsoft is Microsoft. I don't understand how any of them could be Worlds Richest Dude.

V.V

6. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

it's a lot of money, but i guess, with the right effort, we'd be able to spend it somehow, if nobody else could, right? :D :D :D

7. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Well I know for a fact our university here in Winnipeg got a considerable grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. I know all the people who will be helped by this research that may have taken a lot longer to get done with out the grant are thankful that Bill started building computers in his basement.

8. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

Just like my grandfather has been saying all his life (over 60 years) and like I've been saying all my life (15 years), I will become a millionaire.

9. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Quote Del Boy Trotter, Only Fools and Horses: "This time next year, Rodney, we'll be millionaires." :D

10. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

Watch your grandpa win the lotery, like 1 week before he dies or something.

11. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

To add insult to injury, the owner of Ikea drives an 11 year old volvo, travels economy everywhere and buys fruit and veg in the afternoon when it's cheaper :eek:

Some people need shooting.

12. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

I watched a TV show about IKEA, and that old guy seems pretty cool. He doesn't go around bragging about his wealth. IKEA looks like it has some nice stuff too, shame I don't live near one :eek:

13. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

Hey! Don't say that. My grandfather should already be a millionaire, but the Nazis took everything his father owned. They destroyed almost everything, too. His father owned this huge, marble home, but now it's a museum. My grandfather is trying to get it back. He's been in a bunch of magazine articles and on TV, too. He was in the Serbian Holocaust.

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It's sickening to think that in some country's people are starving for food, working rediculas hours for such little wage... and there's a guy making 53 billion dollars.

Oh, but it's econemy... move a company to another part of the world where it's normal to make profit by paying the employee's so little.

makes me angry... wanna kill stuff...

15. Hapkido

Hapkido New Member

easy, i saw a commercial for a local dollar store and they said this playdough stuff is a dollar so hear me out, we get 50 billion dollars and buy 50 billion dollars worth of playdough and make the worlds LARGEST PLAYDOUGH BALL!

16. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

Well, that's one of the reasons that he so rich.

17. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

This guy has worked hard for his money. Don't make him a bad person because of it.

Sure is ;). It's supprising how some people don't understand people who are rich.

They don't spend their money because they have it. They have their money because they don't spend it. And when they do, they sepnd it wisely. And work hard for it. They deserve it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2004
  18. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

So technicaly...he is a millionaire isn't he. So umm...there you go...keep the dream going! Your going to be a millionaire soon. Hope your grandpa gets it back.

19. morphus

morphus Doobrey

I wonder if the (Ikea)guy will lend me a tenner?