Big Guy

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Sambo Master, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Sambo Master

Sambo Master Banned Banned

There is a guy who does sambo wid me. he is my age 96 kg
    and 6ft3 and i am 59 kg and 5ft 10 and i want to beat him but i am finding it hard am i crap or just normal as he is so big. can any experienced wrestlers help me.

TNX

2. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

You have speed that he most likely does not have, use it to your advantage.

3. SpongeBob

SpongeBob Valued Member

If you have the same level of skill then most of the time he will beat you.

If you want to get better than him you have to train twice as hard and be twice as cunning.

Most of the guys I train with are over 15 stone. I'm 12 stone. To start with it was very difficult to wrestle with them, they were to strong and heavy.

As time has gone by (10 months now, it takes a long time :) ) I'm finding I can beat them 9 times out of 10 now. Why? because I train more often than them, with different clubs/styles, I read more books, watch more videos and sparred with them time and time again.

It'll take a long time, but you'll get there buddy, just have faith, train hard and keep looking to learn and improve :)

Paul

4. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

True

Hey Sambo Master - just change your selection of moves. Look more at going in low and then coming up inside him, Look at sideway attacking options and go in with conviction.

If you are hesitant then you will be in trouble. With ground work keep your base wide and stay on top, you can use your weight as the advantage then.

SONSHU