better alternative to matt furey!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by kenpoguy, Jun 11, 2006.

1. kenpoguy

kenpoguy The Last Dragon

I've been pro Matt Furey's methods for the last couple of years. I think they're great, I think they work, and I have no doubt that those who follow them see quick results. I don't however like his marketing, his ego, or much about him. I'm disgusted by how he markets them and how arrogant he comes off. I've bought a few of his products, and they all seem to be more or less the same(only some more detailed). His book combat conditioning is worth checking out, but everything else is jst an alternate version of it that i've come across. I found an interesting article on Wikepidea about him, and it answerd alot of my suscipisons about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Furey

The good news is, reading up on him led me to find another fitness guru. I paid $4.00 for his ebook, which is also a paperback. Its called the TBK fitness program.

www.tbkfitness.org

This guy doesn't have the Furey attitude and has a MUCH more helpful book.

*And sorry for the almost "advertising" tone im writing in, but im pretty pshyced up after reading it.

Has anybody else ever come across this method? And what other alternatives to Furey are out there?

2. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

3. kenpoguy

kenpoguy The Last Dragon

reply...

yeah, and furey tries selling the same manual for 35.00 each...It is a great manual though

4. MAnewbie

MAnewbie Valued Member

Honestly, this sounds exactly like Furey's stuff.
    Furey mainly says to do Bridges, Hindu Squats, and Hindu Pushups(I think). This other guy lists these with a few more obvious exercises like handstand pushups and such.
    I don't like Furey much either, so this tbk fitness program looks like a good alternative to Furey, even if it is only a different person marketing almost the same thing.

5. kenpoguy

kenpoguy The Last Dragon

reply...

Basically its the same stuff, but more if it. Furey usually gives those 3 exercises and a few variations of it. The tbk has somewhere around 60. I was impressed with some variations that i'd never come across.

6. DCombatives

DCombatives Valued Member

Mark Hatmaker has a "Gladiator Conditioning" program. Like Furey's, it's all body weight exercises designed for grapplers. I think it's a good alternative and you can often pick it up on ebay cheap.

7. Kadafee

Kadafee New Member

get ross enamaits never gymless it has everything on bodyweight exercises