Best pi day in the next hundred years!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by philosoraptor, Mar 14, 2015.

1. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

2. philosoraptor

It's about to be here for me. 9:26 AM. I'm so excited I peed my pants a little bit.

[​IMG]

3. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

I'm torn between 3.14 plates of pasta carbonara or 3.14 chocolate tablets. :p

4. philosoraptor

IT COMES.

[​IMG]

5. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Only in America where they order dates wrong ;)

6. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

No pie for us until they create an extra two months :(

7. philosoraptor

I agree it's silly. Actually, as a kid I had real difficulty, because I lived abroad a lot and so I remember at 15 not knowing whether it was D/M/Y or M/D/Y. Nevertheless, if it were up to your kind, we would have no Pi at all, and that is unacceptable.

8. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I'm gonna get me a pie regardless.

I'll be sure to work out its circumference before I eat it ;)

9. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

:eek: That's so sad. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyway, I bought an apple pie and a blueberry pie ... because one just wasn't enough. I almost had pizza for dinner (as in pizza pie).

10. Adrastia

Adrastia Valued Member

Pi(e) !!

we had Pi day yesterday. Here's the invite I sent out:

Hey folks: Come Any time on Saturday after 4 pm.

It's numerically almost perfect: 031415 - 03-14-15. Saturday, come to our house. Come for pie, bring a pie, buy a pie, find a pie ( or any pie-like entity) which means Tarts and Flans are ok too. Phyllo counts as pie: spinach pie. World pie. Pizza pie, Sweet potato pie, butternut squash pie. Yes, yes, quiche Lorraine counts as pie.

All pie. All the time. Be pie-eyed, be pie-in-the-sky, be a honey-pie. Make a pie based on pi (ratios anybody ?)

I think we are saved from the winterthatwillnotend and we should be thankful for not having 102 inches of snow we have to wait to melt so we can find all the crud buried underneath - so celebrate with pi(e).

I will have coffee, tea and some beer/wine. Which wine goes with pie?

And my pies: Shepherd's Pie (lamb) and Muscadine Pie. Bring anything you want to drink (Irish whiskey ?) and consider your relationship with pie: did anyone in your family make pies? do you? is pie the perfect American meal? Why don't people here eat pie for breakfast anymore? Buttermilk pie? Chess pie? Where has pie disappeared to? This interests me much more than Hillary's missing e-mails and McConnell looks like a man who does not value pie.

Prize to anyone who can explain the connection between Elizabeth Taylor and Pie.

Xtra points if you come dressed as Albert Einstein!! it's his Birthday (really).

Call if you need help, directions, guidance etc. Pie Marches On! (real title of my favorite book about pie).

Surprise to me, we had gobs of people and the sun came out as they arrived!
    I made: Shepherd's Pie (yes, w/lamb and mashed tatties); Muscadine grape; and 2 Sweet potato pies.

Friends brought Chicken pie (enormous); French Canadian Tourtiette (pork); Russian Vegetable Pie (mushrooms, cabbage, boiled eggs, sour cream); Broccoli and cheese; Rum Pie; 2 different Key Lime pies; Apple-raisin Pi(e) R-Squared in a square pan; Strawberry-custard pie; Lemon meringue pie.

No one remembered about Elizabeth Taylor and Pie :-< Do you?

we drank champagne, lots of beer, coffee w/Irish whisky, proper tea (no milk in first) and I _still_ have left-over pie.

And we sang 'Happy Birthday" to Albert Einstein.

best Pi day ever!

11. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

:jawdrop: :love: Dude, you win. That sounds so awesome!