Best of the Best

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Chazz, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Hey guys, and Ladies ;)

I just had to start a thread about this movie. To me its a great great movie to watch. Philip Rhee and his brother are great in it. Eric Roberts play a killer role as well. I watch it all the time and it is on TV right now. So post you thoughts!

-Chazz

:cool:

2. waya

waya Valued Member

I loved it.... I like Philip Rhee alot anyway

3. Chazz

Yes he is a great martial artist. Sometimes i think his acting needs a lil work btu he makes up for it.

4. waya

waya Valued Member

My HKD/TKD instructor met him at a tournament once and Philip Rhee gave him a bunch of sparring tips through the thing. He didn't have any idea who it was until a week afterwards.... talk about luck!! (btw he took first place lol)

5. Chazz

*LOL* im going to post Philip Rhee's tips for sparring. Its a goor read.

-Chazz

6. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

It is a class film, especially when you see the differences in the two teams training.

p.s Strap it up, I'm going back in :woo:

Or something like that.

7. Chazz

Yeah it really is.

I posted Phillip Rhee's sparring tips in the "General Discussion" section. Check them out

Chazz

8. CyCloNe

CyCloNe New Member

Without a doubt, my fave MA film of all time.

Just something magical that captures the mood of tourneys perfectly, almost in the old good versus evil type mould.

The film was certainly an inspiration especially during the middle era of my TKD training, I tried for months before I could repeat the techniques he used to bring Dea Haan (spelling???) down at the end.

Question though........

Why couldnt he have just walked up and made a point with a steady body punch or two just so they won! LOL!

"Winning is not a sometime thing, its an alltime thing. Winning is a habbit"

Yeah baby.

9. darlph

darlph New Member

Sorry, I just found this area. Try watching Best of the Best 3. Came out last year. Phillip Rhee does alot of different fight scenes with fist, foot, and weapons.,. Story is okay, but when ever i need and idea for a bunkai I have a tendacy to look at both 2 and 3.

10. Chazz

I didnt like 3 all that well. 2 was not that bad. Neither of them were any where near as good as 1.

11. darlph

darlph New Member

I'm sorry, I loved 1. In fact I burned out a tape and had to replace it. I just like techniques and such. I also wanted people to be aware of the other 2. If you watch the credits for Beverly Hills Ninja and Universal Soldier you'll find Simon there. In fact, alot of stunt work and karate extras in the movies has Simon. I'm that crazy person who sits through the credits while everyone else falls over me trying to rush out of the theater.

12. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

I liked part 1 better. 2 was okay. I may be late but I've never seen part 3.

13. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

14. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Excellent movie. I loved it. In these orders....part 1 then 2 then 3

Part 1 was the best, 2 was okay, and three, well, it was good, but, it could have been a whole lot better:(

I heard there was a part 4 out there somewhere, any truth to that:confused: