Best Newbie

Discussion in 'MAP Awards 2010' started by Gary, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Another day, another nomination thread!

Who was the MVP of new members who registered in 2010? Who made a splash and increased the value of the place just by logging in? Who made a splash, had the most impact and made their presence felt the most in 2010?

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Hasn't been very active recently but BigMikey posted some great stuff in H+F and was generally a good laugh. Definately added to map's community

3. Simon

Simon Moved on. Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Big Mikey was my first thought, but he has not stuck around. Should that be part of the criteria?

4. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

That's my only reservation. That said I narrowed my search down to only people who have over 100 posts and whiel there were a few people there I know and like but mikey was the one who stuck out as making a really solid contribution to MAP. That sounds kinda harsh towards all the other newbies though...

Although Liquid Steel came very close just for making me laugh :p

5. Simon

Taking that criteria at face value, it would be hard to argue a case against coronavirus.

6. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Corona for first place, and bigmikey for second place. :) Cause if you go by who's prescence made the most noticable and impact, Mikey made some great posts but Corona I think was more noticable. So Corona for first place.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  7. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Who made a splash and increased the value of the place just by logging in

BigMikey FTW. Why did he go BTW?

8. Simon

I've just sent Mikey an e-mail asking how he is and if he would like a message passed on.

I also said that I would respect his privacy if he would prefer. I will keep you posted.

9. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

Hey everyone!!!

Wow... I'm truly touched (coma, stop that! There are people watching)...

To answer the question regarding my absence I initially took some time off to let feathers ruffled by a certain member who shall go nameless subside. I don't look for conflict or for drama and when it appears I try to get my point across but often the best answer is to simply bow out for a while and let time do what it does so well.

There have also been a number of upheavals in my life which took my attentions away. My daughter (step) no longer lives with us after she tried to stab me one night. She now lives with her biological father and only days after moving there stole his car and crashed it, lol... is it wrong that I felt as vindicated by that as I did?

To be nominated for anything by y'all is an honor but its also a reminder that I have friends here whom I ought not abandon, regardless of the how's and whys.

Group hug?

10. Bigmikey

Never got the message Simon :(

11. Simon

Hey Mikey, good to have you back.

I sent the e-mail via the 'send an e-mail' option in your contact details.

12. Bigmikey

*GASP* Hotmail put you in the JUNK FOLDER!!!! Doesnt it know WHO YOU ARE?!?!?! This is aggregious!!

I have no idea if I used that word properly I've just always wanted to use it in a sentence and took a shot, lol!! :D Hell I dont even know if I SPELLED it right!

13. Simon

I really should have an overwrite built in, so as soon as the mail comes through to you everything else shuts down.

Why has this not happened. :mad:

14. Bigmikey

The tragedies in life never seem to end, do they?? Mark me well, Simon, someone will pay for this dearly! This trangression (thats another word I've always wanted to use - banner day for MIKEY!!) shall cost some unlikey soul all the cookies and cake they own!!

15. Bigmikey

Just so y'all dont think I bailed again, I have to beat feet. We're headed out to the Chicago Auto Show for the day but I'll be back on line later this evening!

16. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Nice to see you back Mikey. :cool:

Re. the daughter-stabby-car-crash bit, no i don't think it is wrong to feel vindicated by that, i'd be damn near gloating at that.

Anyway, don't go for so long next time. It was hard without you. :evil:

17. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

You do have friends here bigmikey - we love ya. :)

18. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

You're sending me mixed signals again...

19. rivend

rivend Valued Member

+1000 Bigmikey has my vote also........His words roll off my ears like water off a rose on a hot summer day.....Or as my manly side would say the dudes got it going on.

ps... good to see you back around Bigmikey

20. Atre

Atre Valued Member

Gotta agree with the 2 so far (didn't even occur to me that Corona was new!)

Other names that should be thrown in for consideration (IMHO)
    Kuma
    MetalKitty
    SenseiMattKlein
    Blade96

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011