Best LEGAL self defense weapon to carry?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Adam, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Florida Warlock

Florida Warlock Banned Banned

Check out this site:

http://www.centuryfitness.com/webap...-1&parent_category_rn=13661&crumb=13501-13524

copy/pase -if it doesn't work, go to centuryfitness.com/weapons/self defense

You may want to buy a book with this or something, seeing as you need to know various pressure points to use this weapon effectively.

These look really good, and if necessary one of these can go into someone's eye. And, they go right on your key chain. I suppose you could use keys in a similar way.. but these are cooler. :)

2. MDN

MDN Banned Banned

My dad or cousins guns do the trick.

3. Petie D

Petie D New Member

pulling anything from a pocket means putting your hand in your pocket, which lets your fence/guard down. hows that gonna change the situation?

there was a boy who wanted a sword, he REALLY wanted a sword, but he was told that it was not the sword that matters, but the person who wields it, he now has a wooden sword, for practice.

The best weapon you can carry is yourself.

which is ironic, because how you carry yourself will determine what kids of situations you get into, who approaches you and how they treat you :)

4. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

be a wolf not a sheep and the other wolves will leave you alone.

5. Ross.B

Ross.B Banned Banned

I dont know if they are legal but i would take a pair of Sai :D

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

They aren't and yer' nicked sonny! :)

7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Sai illegal? :eek:

Thats the last time I ride to training with them over the handlebars of my bike! :D

8. jome

jome New Member

u never heard of pistols? CCW is legal in over 30 states

these days. We are hard at work in about 10 more. I usually carry a walking stick, 3 sided hollow metal (tapered) with a cane crook (useful as a hand-guard). It weighs 12 ozs and is not "concealed", yet it is a sword, believe me. If I feel like being "nice", the guy might just get his arm or leg broken, instead of getting shot 5-7 times.

9. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

10. Iai-do master

Iai-do master New Member

11. JeetKunDo

JeetKunDo Valued Member

Well since we're all trained or training in a martial art arent we ment to feel safe walking around with just our hands and feet for defence. If you cant handle someone with your hands and feet, grab the nearest hard object and smack them with it. Or if you know you cant win without a weapon, and you don't have one on hand just run.

12. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I don't understand what you are laughing at. Could you please elaborate?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  13. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Maybe because some of us are studying an ARMED martial art based around WEAPONS that arent hands and fists. ANd there is more to useing a weapon than picking up a hard object and laying the smack down on someone.
    But running is always a good idea.

14. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

And now people can be allowed to shoot people -legally and get away with it, provided that they feel threathened.

The al Quaeda-dudes can now kill americans legally, as long as they stay away from aircraft and bombs. (Because in order to be a member of al quaeda, you are very likely in a situation where you feel threatened by USA and its international politics :rolleyes: )

-way to go, bush! :woo:

15. jome

jome New Member

Why SHOULDN'T I be free to shoot some pos

who is threatening me or mine, hmm? Anyone can slip or misjudge a move, and lose at hand to hand, or with contact weapons. Why should an elderly or handicaped or frail person not be able to defend themselves, smart ass?

16. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Jome - please do not start calling people, ie personal attacks. I know it is only minor, but please read the Terms of Service:

17. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

Well, I'm not insulted, I started it, so it's OK, I think.

Yes, in USA elderly people are allowed to carry handguns, and therefore it probably is the best legal weapon to carry in USA.

There was a BIG thread about guns and the legality of guns some months back, and you could revive that one, if you want to go into it. You can read all about my wiew on USA and its society and Gun policy there.

I am so lucky that I live in a country where self defence only is an academical activity; there's no need for self defence on the streets in Norway (it's like in Michael Moore's Canada; I never lock my car or my house), as both police and criminals behave civilized as opposed to USA -that's at least the impression I get from USA, when reading the posts of pro-gunners. It seems that if I ever am to visit USA, I'd need a month course freshing up my assault-rifle-skills, buy myself an assalultrifle, and then mabye stay in the clear of ultra violent criminals that only is waiting for an oppertunity to kill me regardless of wether I simply hand over my valuables or not. And that stuff about grizzlys...come on! There are plenty of wolves, polar bears and brown bears in Norway as well, but they shun people and unless I want to go living in a tent in Svalbard the Norwegian wildlife leaves me probably more alone than I leave the nature alone.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  18. jome

jome New Member

black bears come to my garbage container on

a regular basis. There's always one or more at the dump in the early morning. I never said anything about rifles or bears. I"ve had men at gunpoint 4x, and I don't drink or do anything else to cause trouble. I've nearly had to use the gun several other times, but my bearing indicated that the punks would lose, so they went on to bother somebody else. So you happen to be LUCKY (for now) about crime, so what? Beirut was peaceful once, too. So was Saigon. things change, and suckers who can't provide for themselves lose.

19. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

And jome - this thread is about LEGAL self defence weapons. By your stand on guns, I am guessing you are from America where guns are legal (I say "guessing" as you havent filled in your profile). As has been mentioned to you, not everyone is in a country where firearms are legal, with the majority of MAPers being in the UK.

A gun discussion thread

20. jome

jome New Member

Anyone in the UK with REAL concern about weapons

emigrated long ago. After WWII, they couldn't WAIT to return to the sheep status that they had before the War. The USA had to GIVE them thousands of guns, millions of dollars, millions of men, or you guys would be speaking German. UKe'rs can't LEGALLY carry a pocketknife, so what's your point?