Best Kickboxer of All Time?

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by DragonDude, Apr 16, 2005.

1. butcher wing

butcher wing Oi, Fatso!

re:

Wot about Chuck Norris? :D

2. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

How about Billy Chow?

3. butcher wing

butcher wing Oi, Fatso!

Or Even....

Ken Lo.

4. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

Just curious, what is your source of info on Benny's fights in Thailand? I know that the story coming from his camp is quite a bit different, as well as the martial arts magazines in the USA. I do know that PR people, managers and some organizations will pad the rcords of "their boy", but OTOH, some of the Asian orgs. are infamous for trying to discredit foreigners who have beat their people.

I honestly don't know what is accurate, but I do remember seeing on NBC's Sportsworld, a competition in TKD with Korea and Mexico. It was an outlandish embarrassment that guaranteed that sport TKD will never get major coverage again. The girl from Mexico was eating the Korean alive, yet every time the Mexican fighter scored on the Korean, the Korean girl was given a point on the electronic scoring. David Moon, the Mexican team head coach called a time out and asked them to fix the electronic scoring and the Korean oficials replied that there was nothing wrong with the scoring and that their girl was winning. Moon then pulled his fighter and team out. This whole fiasco was seen for what it was on worldwide TV. Later, I read in a TKD publication under Korean control about how unsportsman-like and dishonorable the Mexican team and their coach had behaved. If I had just read the article, I might have bought what they were selling. However, I had seen this farce on TV as it unfolded and knew that the Korean officials were blatantly cheating to protect their own and their reps.

I don't know what happened with Benny in Thailand, but unless there is evidence otherwise, I would not be surprised to find a similar situation. If you have good evidence, I will accept it, otherwise it's just talking trash about someone who deserves the benefit of the doubt.

5. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

because I have seen the videos of his fights. (no i dont have them on my computer and cant share them, I had them on a tape from a friend of mine who visited thailand)
    one of them was a good display of fighting from Billy, he used leg kicks very well against the thai who just couldnt get in close. The thai fighter was some unknown though. He also fought a taller thai who I think had competed in lumpinee at some stage, who just grabbed benny and kneed the living hell out of him until his corner threw in the towel. in another fight, it was basically a boring and awkward clash of styles, but under thai scoring the thai won easily. i cant remember whether it was that one or his ass beating from the tall guy that convinced him to go home.

the fact that he never fought at lumpinee (which isnt even the top stadium, although very close to it) and never under full muay thai rules shouldnt be in dispute. and it kind of ticks me off when people go on about people like Roufus, Wilson, and the Jet for "beating the thais at their own game" by having a couple of modified rules fights against unranked thais.... but whatever gets you some publicity I guess. We all know the REAL champs are people like Rob Kaman, Ramon Dekkers, and Bille who went and fought the best- and won.

6. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

7. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

WOW! The guy in second clip looks like he outweighs benny by at least 50 lbs!

8. Avidaniel

Avidaniel Valued Member

Cant watch the video... is the tall thai deiselnoi?

9. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Benny the jet or Maurice Smith and definatly not Don the dope Wilson.

Hey Ikken Hisatsu who is that little guy in your avatar.

10. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

no its not dieselnoi. thats me in my avatar (why would I have some stranger in my avatar?)

11. Bhattman

Bhattman Valued Member

What is actually a 'no contest' decision in a fight? Also, why is it that when some people lose they call their fights 'no contests'?

12. Bograt

Bograt Banned Banned

Whilst Benny J was a cool scrapper I have to go for Supperfoot.

13. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Oh OK cool

And why would you have a stranger well people have all sorts aof stuff as there Avatar.

14. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

This is in reply to Ikken; OK, now you did it. You went and crushed one of my last idols from my hero-worshipping teen years. Another delusion shattered. Thank you for posting the clips of the fights as well. Though Benny is still a great fighter and all, the clip showed me he was alot more impressive to a fifteen year old red belt than to a 40 year old master. I guess all idols are tarnished under adult inspection. Or a better way of saying this would be that even a great fighter can't live up to the legend.

15. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

we all gotta stop believing in santa at some time Kwan :D

16. glenchuy

glenchuy has two left feet

why?!?!?!?

my vote goes to superfoot!

17. Samus00

Samus00 New Member

What about Brent Perkins? He is good! Ever heard of him? Or James Perkins?

18. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

He might not be the best, but I like him.

He is the cool..... Chuck Liddel.

19. Actually, I'm changing from superfoot. I'd probably say Bob Sapp now. I seem to recall a fight where he beat the living crap out of Bonjasky on the floor. The ref stopped it and gave Bonjasky the decision!!! Sounds a bit like the jet, eh?

:rolleyes:

On a serious note, Ikken, why should we slate the Jat for not fighting at Lumpinee? How many of the Thais came over to America to fight him at AR Kickboxing?

20. Battle Man

Battle Man New Member

Jean Yves Theriault (The Iceman)