Best Goju instructors in the UK?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Telsun, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

There are very few Goju instructors in Kent. You could try Chalti Goju-ryu (IOGKF) Gravesend, Andy Tannock (Yamaguchi Goju-kai) Strood or Swale Goju-ryu Seiwa kai (JKF Goju-kai) Sheppey.

I would also be extremely interested in Goju masters in or about Kent, any further contacts?

2. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

Moononthewater can you give me some more info on Tim Nicklin, i.e contact info, class times & location, etc? PM me if you like. Thanks.

3. Haduken

Haduken Valued Member

Goju Instructors

I am studying GoJu Ryu in london, under Shihan Gavin Mullholland. He is an excellent teacher and martial artist, I cannot recommend him enough.

www.goju-karate.co.uk

on his links page you will also find sensei Dan Lewis who teaches in bristol, and who i have trained under at ourannual summer camps, I have also found him to be excellent

4. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

I know sensei Gavin via the goju forums, certainly seems to know his stuff! His going to instructing at the United Goju Seminar (UGS - See events listings or visit our site http://www.ugs2004.com ) Are you coming along?

In my quest to find some of the best Goju instructors in England I think that a fair few of them are in attendance at the UGS. It's just over a week away now! Getting pretty excited!!

5. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

my instructor's instructor was Harry Cook in Hexham, Newcastle i haven't trained with him myself, but i hear he's one of the most respected in England

6. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

Does anyone know anything about Kim Singh?

7. Steve Bear

Steve Bear New Member

Those who wish to find Kim Singh can contact him by the ekgb or post me at ichibansan@hotmail.com and i will gladly forward your mesages to him.

I find Kim to be a gentlemen and very approachable. Though we have not trained together we have referreed at together at numerous competitons

Hope this helps

Steve

8. Shisochin

Shisochin New Member

My instructor is Sensei Gurmit Singh, UKKGK.
    Jags and Mani - which dojo do you train at??......i might know you guys :)

9. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

I met Kim last weekend at the UGS. He's a nice guy I'm sure our paths will cross again. I thought that he was with JKF now after leaving the EGKA, am I mistaken?

I've also just met another student of Gurmit Singh on another forum. I know him as Jaz.

10. Shisochin

Shisochin New Member

Hey Telsun.......Thats me!!! :D i know you from United Goju Forums :cool: