best boxer vs best wrestler

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by jet, Sep 23, 2003.

?

who will win the brock/lewis match?

1. brock lesnar

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. lennox lewis

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. draw

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. who cares?

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
  1. jet

jet New Member

guys do u have the latest update on the lesnar/lewis match? it was said to happen in october 2003, but i haven't heard nothing about it for months. it would be great if it takes place. i hope u agree guys. :cool:

2. saikyou

saikyou New Member

yeah. this happened before(inoki vs ali) and it ended in a 15 round draw. what are the rules? in the inoki vs ali match, inoki cant slam or lift ali up. I hope that this match will have more action. i think its ok if lesnar would slam lewis.

3. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

I read about this. Apparantly, the match was scheduled to be very exciting, with throws, locks, punches etc., but Ali, (being Ali) decided that his reputation might be tainted so he decided not to 'play the game'

The match only contained kicks to the back of Ali legs.

If only all these matches were like Rocky vs. Thunderlips :)

4. saikyou

saikyou New Member

the website said that it ended in a draw?(sorry, i forgot the url)

5. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

Sorry haven't seen any websites, I just read about it in some books.

I believe it did end in a draw, and it was scheduled to be a draw. However it was supposed to be an exciting 'match', with Ali showing how good boxing is, and Inoki showing how good martial arts/wrestling is.

Ali decided that he wasn't going to go along with what the promoters wanted. If you don't know already, its all fixed - its a scheme created by people such as Vince McMahon and Don King.

-Tob

6. saikyou

saikyou New Member

scripted match huh? that is what i hate about pro wrestling. when i was a kid, I really thought that pro wrestling was real. I think the name WWE is more appropriate than WWF. I hope that this match will be real.

7. saikyou

saikyou New Member

I remembered something. you know the wrestler(forgot the name, I think its Piper) vs. Butterbean? the wrestler used the stool to smash Butterbean.

8. jet

jet New Member

did roddy piper fight butterbean?

9. saikyou

saikyou New Member

i searched at yahoo. It's Bart Gunn vs. Butterbean

10. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

There is considerable size difference between them, so Brock?

11. saikyou

saikyou New Member

about 40lbs. I just hope that this match will be real so we can see some serious fighting. if this match is scripted like a pro wrestling match i think it will also end like the other wrestler vs. boxer matches. draw or disqualification.

12. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

Rules like that make no sense to me. A fight is a fight is a fight is a fight. If you wish to fight another day take away permantley disabling techniques like eye gauges. I'd even go so far as to say groin shots should be legal. Simply put in a real fight if you want to see who is best have as little rules as possible.

13. jet

jet New Member

was there any other boxer vs wrestler match except the ali/inoki thing? i don't know any

14. saikyou

saikyou New Member

a lot. Andre the Giant Vs. Chuck Wepner; Anotnio Inoki vs. Chuck Wepner; Abe Kashey vs. Charlie Retzlaff; Bart Gunn vs. Butterbean; etc.

15. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

Just for the record the Bart Gunn vs. Butterbean was actaully a REAL boxing match.

Apparantly, there was some friction between the two so they ordered a match.

Gunn lost in the first round via KO.

16. saikyou

saikyou New Member

so who is Butterbean's opponent when he was whacked by a stool? I can clearly remember that match in my head. I just can't remember his opponent. Butterbean even ranted about that wresler being a rule breaker and stuffs like that. I cant find it in yahoo too. any ideas?

17. jet

jet New Member

did chuck wepner beat them? he's a former wbf champion, isn't he? i don't know abe and charlie. butterbean is also a former world champ, i think. yeah, he killed butterbean. i wanna know the other fights, saikyou cuz u said "etc".

18. saikyou

saikyou New Member

sorry Jet, Chuck was defeated by Andre. Gorilla Monsoon also fought Ali. there are other matches. just search at google or yahoo

19. Vincenzo

Vincenzo New Member

Yeah i remember seeing the Butterbean Gunn boxing match gunn got knocked out big time. good stuff :)

20. Don Davies

Don Davies Valued Member

I agree but there are a lot of dumb politics in these fights, most wrestlers want the fight with little or no striking. Most boxers want little or no grappling in a fight. Most people at this level don't care if they find out who's really the best they just want to look the best because of the money.