Bench Press Issues

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Ero-Sennin, Sep 30, 2016.

1. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Ok

Where the hell were you guys when I started the thread?!

>: O!!!!!!!

(xD)

3. Ero-Sennin

"I don't recommend you bench press outside, it just looks silly" . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ummm

Well just call me a clown because all my equipment is outside!

4. Ero-Sennin

Been about two weeks since my last post, and I finished my last set of 5 at 220lbs today. I've been doing the 10x10 between every heavy bench day, so it's taking longer to put any weight on the bar.

As far as the shoulder goes, it still feels a little funky but if my form is proper and I warmed up my cuffs, I'm really not too worried about it. 220 for the second time was done after a 12 hour work day as well, yet still felt light so that's good.

One thing I'll mention that I did add after watching the video Whitepanda posted was arching my back/puffing my chest out more. I've found that positioning takes a lot of stress off the shoulders, but it's harder to keep the scapulas retracted. I find myself contracting my traps sometimes to feel a better squeeze on the bench, which doesn't seem to go well with bench pressing xD.

Anywho, Probably another week before I do another heavy chest workout as I have a 10x10 day which I take plenty of rest from. I'll be doing my last set at 225lbs, the great scourge that popped my shoulder out last time.

5. Ero-Sennin

Finished my first workout with a final set of 225lbs for 5 reps. No left shoulder issues, no lack in confidence, and other than the first rep which was a little lop sided (they all look it due to camera angle but the first one was the bad one) they all went really smoothly.

This is a bit of a milestone for me as at the start of the summer I got under 225lbs for the first time in literally 8-10 years and popped my shoulder out of socket on the first rep.. After a few months rehabilitating it with dumbell presses I've been working on slowly getting into bench press again. The help on MAP (specific credit to Whitepanda and Fish of Doom) I was able to smoothly reach my goal while working on fixing my technique.

I hope you enjoy watching my groin wiggle around ^__^

(pressing starts at 00:35)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_zVSBYGZOY&feature=em-upload_owner"]225lbs x 5 - YouTube[/ame]