Bench form (video)

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Taijiman, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Taijiman

Taijiman Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVQR7XBD-h0&NR"]Wooden Bench Boxing - YouTube[/ame]

I had a classmate that did a bench form that was pretty cool (he did Hung Gar), but I've never seen the bench used in quite this way, haha :D . Says he's 80 years old. I don't think I'd have wanted to tangle with this guy, lol, looks like some of these old traditionalists are pretty tough. Awesome :)

2. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

WTF . . . . does he train in iron head?

3. Taijiman

Taijiman Valued Member

I hope so :D Though at that age, maybe he just does it to remember his form... an old school kungfu version of tapping your head when trying to think ;)

4. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

That was sweet. I laughed merrily at the comment: "i would never fight someone who is so ready to kick their own azz" on there.

5. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

What the.......

That was really..............................ah...........different. :bang:

Although I have felt like hitting myself in the head, there is this little voice that tells me, in the long run, that it would not be a very good idea!

Enjoyed the Vid.....and the laugh!

Thank You.

Kew-Do

6. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

That was some seriously crazy ****, I think I have found my calling......

7. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

So the question is.. Does he or does he not take a -2 penalty for using an improvised weapon or is he treated as having exotic weapon proficiency in the bench?

8. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

Well there's excedrin headache number 16! Not so sure I'd want to train the "iron head" technique.

9. beknar

beknar Valued Member

I don't think it matters, as he gets the 1.5x damage modifier using the weapon in a 2 handed manner.

:)

10. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

It's a keen bench of great cleaving + 5

11. watts

watts Valued Member

That whole bench thing is designed for old school bars in china when some mo fo started getting leary as he had had one too many. Because no matter what some people may mutter on about buddhist monks and fighting stick insects the truth is gung fu always was and is for the working man (and women sometimes, but not very often to be honest), the sort of blokes who would go to bars and have fights with benches.

So the question is should this style be updated to the modern equivalent of the bar stool and pint glass combinations :D

12. watts

watts Valued Member

And as for the hitting himself in the head part... obviously the first person who did this was so drunk that it seemed like a good idea at the time and his naive young student thought that should be the way it should always be done and 200 years later the end result is some very fit old fella smacking himself in the head.. classic :)

13. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

thats one tough 80yr old :D

14. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

I'm sure he has an exotic weapon proficiency. At that age, he must be pretty high level.

15. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

i wonder why hitting himself with a bench doesnt affect him lol... im sure hes been doing this his whole life rfol