Beginner looking for advice

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by MikeGH, Jun 12, 2003.

1. MikeGH

MikeGH New Member

2. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

I would say check all 3 of them out and the teachers and to compare the prices.

3. CieloRojos

CieloRojos New Member

I have heard great things about that Eagle Claw place, and Leung Shum. I live all the way down in Atlanta, so that's saying something!

4. PantherFist

PantherFist Valued Member

Choy Lee Fut definatley, but only because I am biased since I'm a CLF practioner myself.

That aside I would do as Marku said and visit all three schools, both the Hung Ga and Eagle Claw Schools in N.Y. have great world wide reputations.

It really all depends on what you personaly like, the Eagle Claw school will place more emphasis on Locks throws and acrobatic northern style kicks, Hung Ga is a slower but extremely powerful southern style placing more emphasis on strong very low stances and generating powerful hand techniqus thru isometric excercises. Finally you have Choy Lee Fut(The Bee's Knee's) a mixture of both northern and southern styles using both the northern kicks and footwork and the strong southern hand techniques, most full contact fighters in south east asia tend to practise CLF since alot of its traditional technques can be used in the ring with boxing gloves on.

But like Marku and I said look at all three schools and see which feels most appealing to you.

5. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

i heard Eagle Claw requires alot of strength in the hands for all the grapping and stuff.