Beginner in Muay Thai.Any good workouts?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by RemmyBonjaski, Mar 18, 2011.

?

Which MA you think is best?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2011.
  1. Muay Thai?

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. MMA?

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Kung Fu?

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Capoeira?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RemmyBonjaski

RemmyBonjaski Valued Member

Damn!I bet this will be a strange post after the "It's great to hear a success story" from Moi,but i want to ask you if you ever lose motivation to continue and if yes then how do you get it back?

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Ha ha. Asking the wrong person here:)

What's the problem? Not pushing yourself too much are you?

3. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

If I feel like that I still get up, go to training and try even harder. I really try and exhaust myself. for some reason that tends to work for me. I think most people tend to lose a bit of motivation because they feel they aren't getting better. Usually they are but they're not really testing their limits often enough to realise how far they've already pushed them. So go to the gym, blast the hell out of the pads/bag, be aggressive in sparring (note that doesn't mean hit with more power) and do the circuits etc. with everything you've got. You might surprise yourself and give yourself the mental boost you need.

4. RemmyBonjaski

I think here is my problem man!I feel like i know nothing more than at the beginning and that i have the same fitness level like i always did...and that makes me feel stagnant.
    I`ll try to evaluate the progress i`ve made by counting how many reps i do when i push myself to the limits and how many i used to do and yeah...always push to the limits.
    Thanks a lot guys,i`ll be around if you need me and yeahhh....you rock!

5. RemmyBonjaski

Sorry Moi i`ve seen your post now...No..i really am but unfortunately i didn`t take time to realise that i have made progress and i was feeling like doing the same things over and over again without any result...and that sucks man...that is cutting off your energy supply lol

6. Moi

You'll be getting better but the improvements are not spoon-fed to you like some other arts.
    I bet your guard is better and guarantee you now punch & kick harder than you did before.
    As MB says you just need to make yourself go and once you get there you know you'll enjoy it. How's the journey home from the gym, are you hyper & buzzing or tired?

7. RemmyBonjaski

Yeah indeed...some things like guard are really better i mean now i m taking 3 punches in a sparring round not 8 punches and a power angle kick in the ribs :))
    That s how i think instead of thinking that i`ve advanced learning bit by bit.
    Anyway i`ll work things out for sure if i enjoy every improvement.
    Moi...the journey back home is the best thing that can happen to me all day...An "I`ve got the power" feeling...I guess that s a reason enough to keep me going...
    Here i am discovering reasons to go thanks to you guys :))

8. Moi

That's your body enjoying it. You should always listen to your body ;)

9. RemmyBonjaski

That s true!!And i hope he`ll enjoy this evening class too...i go train at 6.Can`t wait!

10. RemmyBonjaski

Hey guys,
    Hope you`re all good!I came back again with some good news...i decided to go for interclubs fights even if i have 3 months since i ve started MT...what do you think?It will be an experience to make me quit or go on?I was thinking that if i lose my first fight that will turn me off...What is your first fight experience?Thanks guys and hope to hear from you soon!

11. Master Betty

OK first off I'd speak more with your coach and clarify what kind of interclub it is. IN my opinion, an interclub is simply a more formal hard sparring event with people from other schools. Kind of a warm up to the actual event of fighting. However, some people DO treat them as basically amateur scraps, in which case, they can be quite rough. If it's the first, I'd say go for it. If they're a decent gym they'll supervise the whole thing. If it's the second I'd say give it a while longer.

12. RemmyBonjaski

I think is the first one but i will ask coach about it and then i`ll decide.I`m ok with fighting harder too and from what i`ve heard it s fighting with shin guards,head protector,mouth guard,groin guard.That`s a lot of protection to allow rough fighting isn`t it?Anyway i`m anxious to take the challenge of beating an opponent in a real fight.
    Thanks guys and i`ll post news soon!

13. Moi

If you win you'll fly. If you don't then once you've got over feeling crap take a valuable lesson from it. Either way you'll be a fighter :)

14. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Most of our Interclub smokers turn into "amateur scraps" like MB said if both fighters are evenly matched. If one is clearly dominating it goes more into a heavier sparring session. I've got a little bit more time then you doing MT but I personally don't feel ready for a smoker just yet. Good luck!

15. RemmyBonjaski

As Moi said either way i`ll be a fighter and i think i ll take my chance
    ...Thanks guys!

16. RemmyBonjaski

Hey guys,
    Here i am again...more confident then ever before...I feel that my fitness is better and so is my technique.
    I will post a short clip with last sparring session(i hope i am allowed otherwise i will delete it).Please share some thoughts,opinions,advice.This is after 3 months of MT training and same is my sparring partner. :p
    Thank you guys...hope to hear from you soon!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_6jG2H8fcU"]‪Me sparring with Saad‬‏ - YouTube[/ame] I`m in blue shorts

17. Master Betty

Lookin good for 3 months trainin mate! Obviously there's stuff you need to work on, you'll know that, but your coach will too! Keep training and listen to what your coach says - I'm lookin forward to seein another video after another 3 months! Makin good progress.

18. RemmyBonjaski

Thanks Master Betty...i will post one video every month because i m trying to get as many opinions as i can and usually you get sincere opinions from people you don`t know in person...like you guys...

19. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I like this.

I like the way nothing was rushed. Both of you giving yourself plenty of room to do your work, nothing clumsy and crowed.
    I also like the pace of the sparring, the give and take, the allowing of the other guy to get his shots in before taking your turn to advance.
    Nice high guard and all round very good for three months training.

20. RemmyBonjaski

Thanks a lot Simon S! Hope you`ll be here too for some advice at next sparring film... :p