Beginner in Muay Thai.Any good workouts?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by RemmyBonjaski, Mar 18, 2011.

?

Which MA you think is best?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2011.
  1. Muay Thai?

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. MMA?

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Kung Fu?

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Capoeira?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RemmyBonjaski

RemmyBonjaski Valued Member

Yeah mate but we are talking about London isn`t it?
    I`m an ordinary guy looking for a place to train...i don`t want to be a champion i just want to learn Muay Thai because of health benefits and self-defence benefits and because of that i have demands regarding hygiene...
    If you accept and get sick just because you want to feel like a true Thai boxer then fine for you!

2. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Lol you're unlikely to get sick because there's only one toilet and you have to share a changing room.

3. RemmyBonjaski

Ok.I won`t continue this...
    You both are right!

4. Master Betty

lol hey, if you're unhappy, you're unhappy. Take my advice and try out KO bloodlines. Or keddles gym. or one of the myriad good gyms in london. If you have a problem with them along similar lines then at least consider that you might be being a little bit of a diva about things. If you find yourself writing up a rider to send the gym before you arrive, stop and change sports.

5. RemmyBonjaski

Yeah Master Betty i have all ready followed your advice and i searched for ko bloodline on the internet...that looks very good and i`ll try on Saturday...first session...i`ll update here everything about it...Thanks :D

P.S. I`m not that kind of guy that looks for luxury but believe me LFF is very bad!

6. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Dont forget the chickens brother,Ive even had goats!:)

7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Bloody sex tourists :)

8. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Do any of the Thai lads use weights in the gym you train at bro? I mean a proper weight routine not just a few dumbell curls etc?:)

9. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Instead of quotes I'm going to reference debates

Socra and Betty

I recon he's probably going to be riddled with DOMS for the first month or so, so heavy weight aren't going to happen.
    I doubt there would be a problem going through the big lifts with a broom handle till he's got the motor patter and form down to a T

Chang nam I think every point in your comment was wrong.

OP if you where doing 10x10 or GVT I can assure you it was not 80%!

My advise would be learn to skip, in a couple of months when your body has adapted to the stress of kicking people in the head and all the glorious things that MT involves maybe try a program like bill starr's 5x5, Mark riptoe's starting strength, etc. And a few months after that some HIIT wouldn't go a miss

10. Master Betty

I completely agree steve. Im not saying that you shouldnt complement your thai boxing training with weights - indeed most decent gyms that dont have the luxury of time to train like the thais will complement their training with weights.

However, you'll get far more benefit in the first few months of thai boxing by spending time working on, and understanding, the basics about stance, guard, padwork and things like that. Wasting your time if you're doing weights.

11. RemmyBonjaski

Hey again guys,
    Sorry for replying so late but i have been really busy...
    I`ve finally found a great gym thanks to Master Betty...and that is KO Bloodline...
    Great gym,great staff,great trainers(Skyboy,Paul Marut)...i`m so happy to be a part of that team and to train there...
    I started to skip a little bit but i`m still learning...and i do weight training based on speed of movement and focused on the shoulders,legs,triceps,core stability muscles...
    That`s all for the moment,thank you all for your help and i`ll be back :)))

12. Master Betty

Hey glad to help - let us know how things go.

13. RemmyBonjaski

Yeah yeah i will sure do!;)

14. RemmyBonjaski

Hey guys,
    I`m back!I want to tell you that i started skipping and i am doing great...i mean i skip with lot of speed and really good movement from one feet to another.I`m thrilled!!!
    Still...i have a problem...i noticed that i have a big weakness in the defending part when we do sparring...Punches and kicks come so fast and i have to use different way of blocking very fast and sometimes i lose control and i get punched a lot,sometimes i even lose correct stance....lol.
    How can i improve that?
    Thank you and hurrrayyyyy i can skiiiiiip!!!:X:X:X

15. Master Betty

Just ask your coach for some simple block and counter drills.

16. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Happens to me too. Just gotta remember that you're going to get hit regardless, try to stay focus and throw your combinations.

17. RemmyBonjaski

Hey guys,
    Here i am again looking for a good Muay Thai workout in the days between Muay Thai training(Monday,Wednesday,Friday).
    I do Muay Thai for 2 months now and i`ve learned the basics and everything...i even advanced from Beginners to General Class...i skip every training 3 sets of 3 minutes before doing sparring or thai pads training.I think is a good moment to start the weights workout.
    Cheers and hope to hear your opinions soon!

18. Moi

It's great to hear a success story. Master Betty will be back next week and he'll be thrilled.
    How many days are you training MT & how many do you intend lifting?

19. RemmyBonjaski

Hey Moi...it`s not a success yet but it will be!Lol!
    I`m training MT for 3 days and i intend to train weights 3 and doing so then i can relax on Sundays.
    Do you think it`s too much?
    Cheers!

20. Moi

Probably but try it and see. If it is too much cut a weight session and maybe add in a cardio session. Sprints or something?