Batman Begins

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Scotty Dog, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

You can see Bruce going through the stances of the different styles right before Ducard calls them out. I noticed this especially with Panther.

Bruce takes the stance, and Ducard immediately calls it.

2. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

You could see that despite his snow coat? You have good eyes! Honestly, I missed it. But now I'm going to be looking for it everytime I watch the movie.

Hmm -- I wonder if I can spin this into an excuse to watch the movie again. "But wife, I have to go the movies again, because I missed a very important scene!" :D

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  3. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

In the first Batman film (Tim Burton's), does anyone know which style, or styles, of Martial Art Batman is using to floor henchmen?... Going by the backstory he's been trained by Ninja - but there seems to be more kickboxing in there. I remember Michael Keaton having a kickboxing trainer for the film. I think I might've answered my own question there...

cheers.

4. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Im pretty sure Ras was calling the style Bruce attacked with, not the style he used to defen it. Right at the start Bruce tries a Ju Jitsu takedown (Or at least it looke like a shihonage to me) which is countered as Ras calls out "Ju Jitsu!".

5. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

But where in the story line did he learn all these ways of fighting? He was gone only seven years, and he only recounted being a street urchin who had to steal food and band with other thieves just to keep from starving.

6. R Strausbaugh

R Strausbaugh One Mild and Lazy Guy

In the comics, there's only one Ra's, and he stays young via the Lazarus Pit. I believe that Talia recently killed him, though. That doesn't, however, mean he won't be back. You know how the comics are. I call it "Jean Grey Syndrome".

7. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Wasn't it his other daughter Nyssa?

8. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

Just watched.
    Good film, much less theatrical camp, much more dark and sinister. Fighting is nothing to write home about, not really shot with MAs in mind.:eek:
    They should do the decent thing now and buy back all the copies of the other films, burn them and pretend they were never made.

9. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

You think? I thought it was pretty good and showed the true scrappy nature of fighting, with the exception of Batmans first outing where he defeats the thugs in a blur.

10. McCririck

McCririck New Member

I thought the fight scenes were poor. I also thought most of the characters were poor except for Scarecrow and Morgan Freeman.

11. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

OK sorry have to say it

BATMAN'S A NINJA :D that made the film for me :D

Sorry one of the arts I do is Bujinkan :yeleyes:

12. heron_mark_swor

heron_mark_swor New Member

Saw it Sunday, super stuff.

I think the bit that really summed it up for me was when Batman had the corrupt fat beardy cop guy hanging up and was half-screaming, half-rasping at him - proper, angry, vengeful Batman, not stupid jokey camp Batman. Superb.

Liam Neeson is always a good bet as well, and Katie Holmes. Ah, Katie Holmes.

13. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Katie Holmes sucked in Batman. I was hoping she would get killed off so I wouldnt have to look at her ugly mug!

14. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Yep that was it!! His face changed the vioce changed all of it was bang on Bale had got it nailed :)

15. Sgt_Major

Its like when scarecrow sees batman through the mask of his own concoction .... the hairs on my neck were like bristles!

Great great stuff from Nolan

16. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

dena nena nena nena,
    dena nena nena nena,
    *Batman*
    dena nena nena nena,
    dena nena nena nena,
    *Batman*
    dena nena nena nena,
    dena nena nena nena,
    *Batman*
    dena nena nena nena,
    *Batman*

I'm looking forward to seeing this :)
    *pow*
    sure I'll end up getting it on DVD as it's cheaper then the cinema :|
    *biff*
    and no annoying kids at home... except me.
    *sMaSh*
    I liked the first 3
    *waLLOP*
    that includes Batman the caped crusader

17. Sgt_Major

if you liked the pow's and the bif's and the wallop's ..... dont bother seeing this movie, you'll hate it! :D

18. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

and that's why this movie RAWKED !!!!!!

19. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

That gritted teeth Bale reminded me of Clark Bartram in the Batman: Deadend short film. Bartram, Bale and Keaton are well at the top of the Batman tree.

Ugly?! I *heart* Katie Holmes.
    I thought she was better that people were saying. She was certainly the weakest character of the lot, & isn't the most interesting actor ever. From what I've seen she just sticks with the Dawson's Creek sweetness which is really bland.
    Although check out the film Rules of Attraction - James Van de Beek as Sean Bateman (Patrick's brother) - he really takes his Dawson's Creek persona into the woods and chainsaws its face off.

20. metallicafanrik

metallicafanrik New Member

wow what a film! saw it last night, and was pretty blown away! how cool was the scarecrow!
    gotta say tho, one MAJOR flaw thats irritating me- the guy who killed his parents! in tthe tim burton original (correct me if i'm mistaken) but i could swear its the joker who kills the ("did you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?") so who was the random criminal who then gets bumped off by gangsters>?!?!?! contradicting tim burton?!?! BLASPHEMY!!!
    but gotham looked excellent, and i thought christian bale was really good as batman, just moody and creepy enough
    and michael caine; touch of class. say no more
    x