Batman Begins

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Scotty Dog, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

How Flippin Cool is this :D :D :D :D :D :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2004
  2. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

Does anyone else here prefer the ol' Adam West Batmobile? I got to sit in it once!

3. dragon_bunny

dragon_bunny Valued Member

wow. :eek: i'm serious impressed thats possibly the coolest thing ever!!
    :love:

not to keen on that batmobil pic.. kinda prefered the tim burton bat style

4. Adam

Adam New Member

That batmobile looks like a tractor or a lawnmower. Since when did Batman become a hick?

5. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

I'm really looking forward to it.

It's good to see The Batman of the original two Keaton films. Dark, moodie, and Batman.

This one is set when Batman was just starting out, before the first movie. The Batmobile is likely to be just some prototype or something - before he found his footing :D. I like it :D

They've decided to have a total restart of the franchise, meaning this film has nothing to do with the other movies. Hopefully we can forget about the shows post 'Returns'.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2004
  6. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I really don't like the new look Batmobile unless its only a special one for off-road.

I am looking forward to the film though, we get to see a young Bruce Wayne going through his training to become Batman! :D

It's going to have Ra's Al Gul and Henry DuCard :D

7. Scotty Dog

Apparently, it's a modified Golf Buggy ?????

8. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I think Christian Bale will do a good job of playing Batman, he's good at the dark moody stuff!

The car though :confused: doesn't look finished, wheres its front bit :D

9. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

Yeah, after those duds Kilmer and Clooney, it looks like we got a bit of Keaton back (man, was he a good Batman or what!). The 'mobile looks a bit crap tho. Who's directing this time? (please say Burton! please say Burton! please say Burton!)

10. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

How does he find a parking space when he goes shopping?! :eek:

11. Twimyo Jirugi

I'm sure the Mayor or Comissioner gave him one of those handicap spot stickers :D

12. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Here's the backend:

[​IMG]

And here's another view from the front:

[​IMG]

I've heard it looks alot slimmer and sleeker in person.

13. Jim

Jim New Member

Isn't Michael Caine playing Alfred?

14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yes.
    and Ra's Al Ghul is being played by Ken Watanabe, Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon, Morgan Freeman (the man) is Lucius Fox.
    Also those who have read Long Halloween by Joeph Loeb n Tim Sale (one of the best Batman graphic novels) they have brought in Carmine Falcone. My main concern is that there seems to be toooo many characters in the movie, hoisted up by big names. I doubt we would see much of some characters as much as we like too.
    current bad guys are- Ra's, Carmine Falcone, Scarecrow.
    Wouldve preferred to see the Carmine Falcone storyline to be separate, but have to see how the movie goes first.

15. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Quick! To the BatTank!

PL

16. Nerevar

Batmobile looks like a tricked out pimp go cart.

17. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Hey, I think the car looks cool, though I gotta agree that the TV series car is the best. (I loved that show when I was young!)

Hmm. A new movie. I might give this one a try. Batman has been my favorite superhero since I was 5 years old. But I didn't much like the 2nd movie (Catwoman), and I thought the 3rd (gets Robin) stunk to high heaven to the degree that I didn't even watch the 4th movie (with Schwarzenegger as a villain).

18. Nerevar

I'd be really happy if they used the series theme song! Nanananananananananananana BATMAN! BATMAN! Nananananananananananan BATMAN! BATMAN! Nanananana, nanananana BATMAN!

19. Scotty Dog

Deff Agree with ya there M.

Much as I'm glad to see they've gone back to the Bats of the comic, it looks like they're overloading on the characters. The list I've found so far is

Christian Bale .... Bruce Wayne/Batman
    Michael Caine .... Alfred Pennyworth
    Morgan Freeman .... Lucius Fox
    Rutger Hauer .... Mr. Earle
    Colin McFarlane .... Commissioner Loeb
    Cillian Murphy .... Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow
    Liam Neeson .... Henri Ducard
    Gary Oldman .... Lieutenant James Gordon
    Sara Stewart .... Martha Wayne
    Mark Strange .... Shadow Warrior
    Ken Watanabe .... Ra's Al Ghul
    Tom Wilkinson .... Carmine Falcone

Glad to see they've went right back to the start & have Gordon as a Lieutenant, Loeb as Commish & Henri Ducard for the Pre-Bat's training though :D :D :D

20. Twimyo Jirugi

But who's directing, man?!?!?

Look at the BatSign in the front pic of the Batmobile, the messed around with it!!!!!!!!!!