Barrera vs. Pacquiao

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by dredleviathan, Jan 16, 2004.

1. dredleviathan

dredleviathan New Member

I've been hearing a lot of noise about the Barrera / Pacquiao fight that took place in San Antonio on 15th November 2003. According to the boxing coach at my gym this was the best fight of 2003 with Pacquiao demonstrating amazing footwork and angling as well as just superb technique.

Obviously this was a bit of a shock to Barrera as (the way my American pals tell it) he was really 'taken to school'.

Unfortunately I've not seen the fight but would love to get my hands on a copy. I believe it was shown on BBC2 on Sunday 16th November and if anyone happens to have a copy and would be able to dupe a copy for me I would be more than happy to cover their expense?

I'm also still interested in getting hold of two videos/DVDs called "World Champions of the Great Pinoy Boxing Era" and "The Great Pinoy Boxing Era" which I just cannot find in the UK. Anyone?

I've never been a real boxing fan before 2003 (and can't think why now) but watched some great fights last year and started to really appreciate the science. I think this is because I started watching the lighter matches i.e. light heavy down to bantam. Anyway I'm looking forward to learning more from all you boxing fans on this board.

As I'm currently in in Featherwieght mode (i.e. Barrera/Pac) what do you think of the various guys at the top of this division? I hear that Scott Harrison has a real future ahead of him once he gets few more fights under his belt?

Boxing Monthly Ratings

Any fights coming up that you think are must watches?