Baron von Munchausen, the game

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by d33pthought, Jan 1, 2005.

1. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

Has anyone heard of the Baron von Munchausen game? Better yet, has anyone ever played it? It'd be really cool to get a few stories going.

2. samharber

samharber New Member

There was one time when some thoughtless bufoon we were travelling through the Serengeti with, decided to try riding a Rhino in a manner similar to to horse. By the time the enraged beast had finished trampling the unfortunate into a greasy smear we had run out of film. This left us no way of recording our exploits after the rhino turned on our landrover, battering it far beyond use. Luckily, one of our party was an internationally famous turkish wrestler who quickly subdued the animal.
    The downside is that we were left with a 1000 mile treck back to civilisation, with no transport and no supplies.
    Fortune smiled on us though, as we had a renowned geologist with us as a travelling companion. For reasons that are far to dull to go into, he had quickly lashed together a herd of gazelles into a reasonable facsimile of a steam locomotive and we were all back in the hotel in time for supper.

But to answer your question, no. I have never heard of this game and have no desire to play it.

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

The only thing I know about Baron Von Munchausen is the movie that was made in the 80s.
    Anyone can gimme some extra info here about this character?

4. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Yep, heard of it, have it, have yet to play it.

5. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

But my dear Baron, how on earth did you ever survive the yearly monsoons, which are known to submerge the entire area in at least six feet of water?

6. samharber

samharber New Member

Stilts on the Gazelles dear fellow.

7. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

For anyone who has't the faintest idea of what me and samharber are going on about, we're playing the Baron von Munchausen game, in which one person (preferably pleasantly inebriated), asks another (also, preferably pleasantly inebriated) about various exploits. These can range from sam's "How he made it out of the Serengeti after someone wanted to ride a rhino during a monsoon (reasonably tame) to how someone else managed to accidentally impregnate the Pope (much more difficult). Along the way, anyone not telling the story is free to insert plot twists in the form of questions, as illustrated by my question about the monsoon. The storyteller (hereafter called "the Baron") must then work the plot twist into his or her story. Doing so effectively means the continuation of the story, though doing so ineffectively means a collective hurling of bread rolls at said Baron(ess) which may be answered by an insult or challenge to duel. I don't know how we can manage dueling on a forum, though. As an aside, the plot twists must be at least slightly relevant to the story.

8. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

*throws bread rolls at samharber's attempt to explain how he got through a torrential rainstorm without needing scuba gear*

9. samharber

samharber New Member

But scuba gear is unneccesary. the stilts on the gazelles was merely to get them through the treacherous marshes of the Serengeti, otherwise the crocodiles would have bitten their legs of, just like they did to Lord Faulkner, poor chap.
    Obviously your biology is sadly lacking. Gazelle are of the same family of animals as Elk, which everyone knows are aquatic mammals, using their antlers to breath underwater. Gazelles have one unique feature though. Due to the much smaller horn size on the female gazelle, they have adapted a much more efficient means of extracting oxygen. As a result they generate too much and they vent it via their udders. 6 people at a time may traverse underwater suckling on a single gazelle. The stilts merely bring the animal up to the correct hight so that one doesn't have to stoop constantly.

Mother Nature always provides a way for the intelligent. Not that you'd know, going to an inferior university.

10. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

much better :D