Banned from Boxing, 2nd Ed.

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by lklawson, Apr 13, 2011.

1. lklawson

lklawson Valued Member

I am pleased to announce the Second Edition of, "Banned from Boxing, The forgotten grappling techniques of classic pugilism" by Kirk Lawson (me!).

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/banned-from-boxing-the-forgotten-grappling-techniques-of-classic-pugilism-2nd-edition/15375563

Blurb:
    "I recommend Kirk's 'Banned from Boxing' as a very good resource."
    -Terry Brown

"...the most important work on classical boxing I have seen so far ... this book will be very very important in the history of this art."
    -Ken Pfrenger

"Kirk Lawson's 'Banned from Boxing' is a unique valuable resource for the burgeoning study of classical pugilism as a martial art and combat sport."
    -Tony Wolf

"Invaluable Contribution to Martial Arts"
    -Internet review

Revisiting the subject in this revised and expanded 2nd Edition work, Kirk Lawson, a Martial Artist with more than 25 years of experience in the Martial Arts, both Western and Eastern, and an avid Western Martial Arts researcher, explores the exciting and mostly forgotten world of grappling in historic boxing.

Using antique boxing manuals as reference as well as a healthy dose of experience, Kirk systematically presents in easy to follow terms and sequences the throws, trips, and grapples of historic boxing.

With 90 historic images and new illustrations, modern martial artists and boxing historians alike will find this book an indispensable reference.​

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

2. Santa Barbara

Santa Barbara Valued Member

What exactly are you trying to sell? :confused:

3. february

february Valued Member

lklawson has actually made a ton of really good (and previously hard to find) republished boxing material available for free. I don't think there's anything wrong with him plugging his own here material too.

4. lklawson

lklawson Valued Member

The item in question is a book. :)

This is really just a general announcement.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  5. lklawson

lklawson Valued Member

Thanks.

I'm really excited about this book, but I also have another 6 or so of those antique manuals to republish. I think I've decided on the Police Gazette's "Boxing" manual next. Gotta get scanning. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk