Balintawak Racists

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by LabanB, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Maybe it was a bit harsh on that point but I think you'll find the harshness was more to do with the insinuations that maybe Lowrey's claims may be true which was taking the attention of the real issue of where Lowrey has falsely accused someone of racism.

Best regards

Pat

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  2. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Like I said in several posts, I've no idea if the accusations that Bill has made are true or false, what I was commenting on was what Scott posted that seemed to say he was in agreement with the statement that non whites shouldn't be in the UK.

3. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

But you also said this and infered it on more than one occassion.

That to me is trying to reinforce the stupid claims made by Lowrey. Or am I reading it the wrong way?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  4. crystalfist

crystalfist New Member

No point raking over the ashes on this one guys. Let's let it die (as Mr Irwin requested).

5. Janno

Janno Valued Member

There always seems to be someone talking rubbish in the FMA, and recent posts would indicate that it is Bill's turn to rub everyone up the wrong way. Clearly, his head isn't in a good place right now (assuming it is still attached to the rest of his body).

Whilst GB-UK might've had a good experience training with him in the past, i would be hesitant to give Bill some leeway when his public outbursts are so clumsy, desperate, and slanderous. Furthermore, i find his attempts to undermine and sabotage the efforts of old students who have since left his tutelage (ref: "Guba Doce Pares in the North East") incredibly offensive, regardless of whatever personal politics may lie beneath.

At the end of the day, i accept that there will be some ugly personal disputes and politics in the FMA - i have found it to be the case ever since i took it up in late 2004. What i object to is this ugliness being smeared all over a public forum, where people come to receive knowledge and insight into the FMA, by someone who is supposed to be an ambassador for it. Such behaviour is reckless and immature, and is an embarrassment to the system he represents, the students he teaches, the instructors he is associated with, and indeed the martial art in general.

6. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I asked for it to die. Now I have to kill it. Let this be a learning experience.

The Bear.

7. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

This from ScottUK, I'm posting this as it's fair he gets to response to comments :

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.