Balintawak Racists

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by LabanB, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Yes but in order for that to happen both parties have to show up and I am pretty sure Dick Turpin won't. Why because I have requested this on several occasions because of his antics and guess what? Yep still waiting.

Best regards

Pat.

2. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

So your saying if your not white you shouldn't be in the UK?

3. Pat OMalley

I think you'll find he did not say that he was being sarcastic.

4. EmptyHandGuy

Of course if the accusations are true then we shouldn't be associating with people who hold these criminal views.
    And if they are not true then there would maybe be a case for libel not slander as its a written accusation not a verbal one :bang:

5. EmptyHandGuy

Really? Thats exacltly what he wrote,

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LabanB
    and that anyone who isn't white shouldn't be in this country.

To which he replied:

Your point?

6. Pat OMalley

It's the same as saying.

What are you trying to say?

Or

Are you sure?

Couple with the fact that he clearly does have students that are not White and think highly off him.

Stating some one is racist is not a comment that should be taken lightly and that's the point isn't it? Isn't it?

7. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

I know Scott.

I hate to be seen as speaking for him but I'm pretty certain he wasn't condoning those sort of views.

;)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  8. EmptyHandGuy

No it isn't, he clearly isn't saying that. First he was being sarcastic and now he's asking a question? What is it?
    What I read was someone replying to a comment about only white people being acceptable citizens in the UK with "your point", which to me is the same as saying what's wrong with that?

9. Dean Winchester

GB,

You're way off fella.

10. Dean Winchester

Hmm I wonder does this attempt to focus on Scott have another agenda behind it?

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/converse.php?u=6907&u2=498

Please note this is viewable as a public conversation, I'm simply quoting it for sake of convenience.

GB-UK,

What do you think of the first post in this thread and what LabanB has done?

11. crystalfist

crystalfist New Member

It's interesting you come to Bill's defence Gornall and it's admirable that you would seek to defend someone that you see as a friend and who you clearly hold in some esteem.

However if only you knew what low regard Bill held for you in real life, maybe you wouldnt be so keen to show him any such support. Suffice to say his words have been less than kind.

I don't seek to knock your loyalty as it is a very admirable trait and speaks volumes for your character, however with whom we choose to express our loyalty is a lesson that is sometimes painfully learned.

12. crystalfist

crystalfist New Member

13. EmptyHandGuy

I may well be, but when people reply with throw away comments as seen above then people are going to get the wrong end of the stick.

14. EmptyHandGuy

If what he says is true then appropriate action needs to be taken. Do I know its true, no but then I have no reason to doubt LabanB.

15. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Yes you do - his history and conduct speak volumes and it is baffling you rail against those he has impugned. A balanced view is one thing, wilfull blindness to facts is something else

16. EmptyHandGuy

Yes I have respect for Bill, I believe he's an excellent instructor who has a lot to pass onto those who want to learn FMA.

Do I know you? In what way do you know Bill to know in what regard he holds me? And where did you hear of these words that are less than kind about me?

Did you check to see what I wrote in support of Bill in the thread? It was in this thread. I said:
    Is this a pick on Bill Lowery thread? Come on people can we be a bit more mature and stop the bashing? In what way does this help to give a good impression of FMA's and Doce Pares in particular? I know Bill and have trained under him in the past, he's a great guy and a very good instructor. He obviously has had reasons to post what he did and has stated the reasons in the above post.

No body is perfect, everyone has faults of one sort or another but in this forum there does seem to be a lot of political bashing going on and one-upmanship. At the moment it seems to be the bash anything Bill Lowery says forum. I think its about time people put their ego's and hidden agenda's away and maybe promote FMA's in a united way instead of the knit picking that seems to be so prevalent here at times.

17. crystalfist

crystalfist New Member

Double post.

18. crystalfist

crystalfist New Member

You misunderstand me Gornall. When I stated that your post "saddened me", it wasn't your words of support which saddened me, more the way in which Bill will repay / has repaid that support. Again a lesson you will need to learn for yourself, unfortunately.

With regards the issue you were supporting Bill over in that thread you quote there - his openly posting of his intention to downgrade students who no longer trained with him, which many of those who commented believed was motivated by money / ego / Bill's desire to control others actions and was what attracted so many negative comments.

Perhaps before rallying to Bill's support you should have paid a visit and had a word with those people Bill was specifically addressing in order to understand how this statement affected them and what exactly they may have done to arouse Bill's displeasure (other than getting on with their own training / pursuing their own goals apart from Bill). Perhaps then you may have been in a better position to judge just how 'honest' or noble Bill's actions were on that occasion and whether or not they needed defending.

Even in this thread you jump to his defence without knowing anything of the group or individuals Bill is accusing of this racism, taking his word as gospel inspite of the many people who have posted to rubbish these claims including as we see above. That sort of blind support is kind of worrying, don't you think?

As for whether you know me, you may indeed, but is that important and does that change the context of anything I've posted above?

19. EmptyHandGuy

The reasons for why I have "jumped to his defence" is because I actually know Bill, have trained with him and found him to be a nice guy who has a lot to offer. I don't know any of the other posters in this thread personally, so yes I tend to give support to the people I actually know personally first above those that post on some internet forum. I've not taken his word as gospel either and have repeatedly said IF its true. Like I said I have no reason to believe Bill would lie, but that doesn't mean he didn't. I have no evidence to the contrary other than the usual group of detractors vocally shouting from the roof tops "woe is Bill!"

20. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I'm guessing a solicitor in the UK is what we call a lawyer here in the states. I was going to comment about being careful to libel someone w/o facts. And isn't calling someone a racist being racist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.