Balintawak Racists

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by LabanB, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Just a quick note to warn the British public that when training in Balintawak in the North of England they will be expected to tolerate the views of the main representative for the North that all Britains problems stem from Mulsims, and that anyone who isn't white shouldn't be in this country.

So glad I stopped dealing with the group. The air is fresher already.

Bill Lowery

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Such a bold statement without any facts. I suggest you back up you slanderous claims with proof of your allegations.

3. Pat OMalley

I think this is more of a knee jerk response to another recent thread. Throwing unfounded accusations in some sort of defence.

Naughty naughty but not surprising.

4. irwn

irwn New Member

The hole gets deeper....
    Last time he called me I was a Right Wing Fundamental Christian Nut Job. LOL.
    Ive been running the school in Selby for 25 years, first time ever ive been called a racist.
    What next I wonder?

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Aha, can I take it that LabanB is also known by his non de guerre, Richard Turpin?

6. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

Your point?

7. crystalfist

crystalfist New Member

The first problem with that statement is that without specifically identifying the Balintawak group concerned, you call into question all Balintawak groups / instructors that are teaching in the North of England of which there are several.

Bearing in mind you yourself claim to teach Balintawak in the North of England according to your listing on 'schoolofeverything.com' (under which group or under who's authority is not made clear), you potentially tar yourself with your own brush!

On that note, are you so sure that you yourself haven't put forth some fairly 'racist' views over the years Bill? Some of your past comments in relation to the Fillipino peoples made on this forum have been quite derogatory for a start. Slippery slope my friend and when making allegations such as this you need to be wary of what may emerge from the wood work!

Second, as I have an idea of the group you are refering to based on other recent threads and ongoing disagreements with members affiliated to that group, I would have to disagree with the views you put forward here that there is any racism present within that group.

Indeed this is an ugly and spiteful claim to make against what is a very friendly and hardworking group and I'm sure the Fillipino students whom train with that group may themselves respond quite angrily to your assertions, not to mention the head of that group, another Fillipino! Where's the racism?

Finally, you imply that you once had dealings with this group and that you may have left because of your disagreement with these racist views? Was it not more the case that you left or were asked to leave for some other reason and now it's all developed into a serious case of sour grapes?

What's new there regular readers of this forum may be asking. Similar situation, just a different group on a different day?

I sense a great deal of bitterness and resentment in your posts Bill. Maybe it's time to re-address your outlook as your current viewpoint certainly doesn't seem to be doing you any favors and succeeding in you making (or keeping) very many friends!

8. ScottUK

Bali group A accuses Bali group B of something nasty? Industrial espionage, I reckon.

9. crystalfist

crystalfist New Member

And in the past it's been Doce Pares group A accusing Doce Pares group X of something nasty or untoward, San Miguel group A accusing San Miguel group Y of something nasty or untoward and so on. You get the idea.

The common theme being group A, i.e. Bill, who appears to find disagreements with or have axes to grind against everyone, be it one time friend or long time foe.

All this from someone that decries politics in the arts!

A sad state of affairs which paints a poorer picture of the individual than it does of the FMA, thankfully.

10. ScottUK

I preferred the old days. Just kill the rivals.

11. Pat OMalley

Unfortunetly this comes as no surprise and is not the first time Bill has stooped to such low tactics, it seems he just keeps digging the hole and people just keep throwing him more shovels.

He states he decries politics but in the next sentance such as the heading of this thread tries to cause a style war by blanket accusing a whole group of racism. Surprising, No not really considering this is not the first time he has had money issues with people and when confronted cries wolf.

But what in fact he does not realise his antics are far from spliting groups and causing rivalries, they are in fact uniting different FMA groups together against him. So in effect he is doing the FMA comunity here in the UK a favour and letting the public at general just how petty and untrustworthy he really is.

I know after he reads this he will more than likely come back with. 'Pat O'Malley is an Alcoholic, everyone in the Philippines hates him, they told me, blah blah blah. But that is just how childish he is.

All I will say is, anytime he tells you there is a course somewhere, what ever you do, dont give him the money, give it to the head of the course yourself and if he is running the course himself, dont pay him until the day of the course just so you know it is actually going ahead and it is what you want to pay for.

And when you hear him ranting on about others, simply let it role in one ear and right out of the other.

My main tip is, if he bad mouths some one go and see them, chances are they are a dam site better and definetly more honest than he is.

I've known Mr Irwin for sme time and I can tell you he is honest and dedicated to teaching his knowledge to anyone who wants to learn and as for being racist, well thats just laughable to say the least.

Bill on the other hand? Simple read his own words and it speaks volumes.

But enough of my rants

Best regards

Pat

12. Pat OMalley

That's all well and good, but they first have to have the nads to turn up and say things to peoples faces, on this occassion as has been in the past, these words are only spoken from behind a keyboard with the hope that those he accuses never actually come face to face.

If they do I am pretty sure he will become a master of Fastexit-Fu.

Best regards

Pat

13. ScottUK

Just a short letter from Mr Irwin's solicitor could sort this in one hit. And ensure nothing else happens without evidence.

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Well at the very least I've found out there's some FMA in Selby and near where I live!
    Might try and check it out.
    Being a bit nearer York would help for me but at least I'm now a bit more informed about the MA around the York area. :)

15. Pat OMalley

Result and Balintawak is a dam good system to learn.. :)

16. Pat OMalley

AKA Bill Lowrey good duduction my dear Watson :hat:

17. Pat OMalley

Mind you the real Dick Turpin had a gun and a mask, not a key board and a snickers bar :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  18. swisside bammer

swisside bammer New Member

i am a filipino and i train anything that is FMA and keep what suits and is applicable to me. lately i train with the balintawak group and train with mr. irwin . this is my first post here and has just registered on this site. mr irwin is not racist!! if he is, why has he been my friend, trained me, and even FED ME at their house. and while attending the monthly seminars, i am very comfortable in whom i trained with.

19. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Quote of the century! :D

20. swisside bammer

swisside bammer New Member

in the central islands of the phillipines this can go to the "JUEGO TODO" challenge. in the south islands where i came from. its more extreme!! a "RIDO" would be declared! i have no time and not enough english to explain what is RIDO, but if you search in wikipedea "rido phillipines" you'll find the answer.:evil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.