Bajiquan textbook

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Nykout, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Nykout

Nykout Valued Member

Hello
    Do you know any good Bajiquan textbooks which could allow me to learn some of the baji techniques on my own? I am mostly interested in learning the style specific elbow and shoulder strikes, but of course, the more techniques shown the better.

2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

It's very difficult to learn Baji from a book. I believe that elbow is found in Tong Bei anyway.

3. Nykout

Nykout Valued Member

That's good to hear that elbows are also common in Tongbeiquan.

As for the difficulty of learning Baji from a book, I can take the risk. Do you happen to know any textbooks which might help me?

4. Ben Gash CLF

I don't know, I learned it in person and I'm a fairly visual learner for physical movements.

5. Nykout

Nykout Valued Member

Hmm, I see. I searched on amazon, but to no avail.

If I may ask, could you please describe me something about how to properly execute the Baji elbow techniques? I know they are performed in a different way than those of Muay Thai, but I don't know how exactly they are supposed to be done.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Seek out a Baiji instructor and ask them; anything else is a waste of time

7. Ben Gash CLF

Pretty much what Hannibal said. It's virtually impossible to get the Baji power generation without someone showing and correcting you, and even then it takes a long time.

8. Nykout

Nykout Valued Member

Well then, there are no Baji instructors in a 2000 km radius from where I live.

9. Nykout

Nykout Valued Member

Just wondering, how different is Bajiquan power generation from Tongbeiquan power generation?