Bad Ninjutsu Videos

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by J_Alexander, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_Alexander

J_Alexander Valued Member

As discussed on the 'good' thread, a place now for the bad.

And I'll start with this one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3iEbcHd5cA"]YouTube - Bujinkan Bô-jutsu - Kihon (basics)[/ame]

Absolutely awful...

Jamie.

2. Manga

Manga Moved On

I agree, I mean seriously, who wears bandanas anymore? That's just so nineties :hat:

I think if you're going to say "this video is bad" you have to explain why you think it's bad. Otherwise you're just Trolly the Trolly Troll from Trollheim ;)

3. Ace of Clubs

Ace of Clubs Banned Banned

I've met this guy in Japan a few times.

He posts on this forum sometimes, although he is usually hanging around Martialtalk.

Never trained with him though. Always wears his bandana so he's pretty easy to pick out of the ninja crowd.

Ps: Next time you feel the need to start a new thread please be more creative then going to youtube and typing in bad bujinkan, it's just not fun when trolls don't put in the effort to be at least a little bit funny and creative.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  4. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

To be fair to Jamie, I did request that bad ninjutsu videos be placed in a separate thread. That being said, I agree with Manga...

If you are going to post what you consider to be bad videos, please explain what it is about them that you don't like (poor clothing choices don't count!). I don't want this to turn into a 'all ninjutsu sux, coz I found a crappy youtube item' thread.

Let's keep things constructive so people can compare and contrast the good stuff with the rubbish.

5. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Well, its a basics video..things are being shown slow, and he is explaining as he goes.
    Why? well its a basics video...

6. J_Alexander

My pleasure.

In a nutshell, it is dire at best because the patterns shown have no or very little correct technique, the kamae are all wrong and there is no ki spirit.

As for this being a 'basics' video, where were the basics? All I saw was a mish mash of patterns, some with a vague similarity to some chu kyu strikes - but in the main it was just another henka show. Correct basics would be the basic kamae, followed by basic strikes from the said basic kamae. For a DVD, these would be shown at normal speed first, then slow along with an explanation, then at normal speed once more. As for the rolling, that was a pure made up system. Also, the holding of the bo was wrong as the strikes showed, especially do mawashi uchi.

All the patterns looked sloppy, with no form or sharpness to them. This is a direct result of practicing without ki spirit. Correct attire would be hakama with hachimaki, not street gangster head wear.

Finally, there was no rei ho. Rei ho is the fundamental basic before anything else. It is not correct to sell something that is clearly wrong and bears very little resemblance to true Kukishin Ryu bojutsu.

Jamie.

7. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

When you phrase your criticism like this, it is hard to take you seriously because it reads more like you having a personal aversion towards the Bujinkan than anything else.

Nope.

I don't see how you could possibly have a problem with that, seeing as gang members justify their idiocy by group adherence, which is essentially what you're doing with the Genbukan.

8. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

I agree with Jamie in that it had very little "grrr" which for me colours the whole demo but then maybe there was a reason for that.

9. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

For Dean... :love:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLF4wy5fsmQ"]YouTube - NINJITSU BASICS VOL.2 SWORD COMBAT[/ame]

10. Marvelmeetmanga

Marvelmeetmanga Valued Member

Seconded.

Honestly, I didn't think everything in that video was "just awful" anyway. Though I agree the bojutsu work was not necessarily wonderful or necessarily adhered to traditional kukishin. Not wonderful, but neither am I...

My 2 cents is that the "good taijutsu" thread is a great idea because people can discuss and come to consensus about what constitutes proper form, experienced taijutsu, etc.

This one, however, is just going to lead to hurt feelings, high horses, and the "love" that Bujinkan forums are famous for :love:

11. Marvelmeetmanga

12. Dean Winchester

Is it me or is he fighting a Hobbit?

He's going to trip over those himo and fall on his "blade" at this rate.

13. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

So, let's keep thing thing rollin' :hat:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEFbHAtxesM"]YouTube - Path of the Ninja: Shinobigatana[/ame]

14. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Oh, I just do it because I'm the embodiment of all evil. :evil:

15. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Well, you know what they say about "Only a Ninja can kill a Ninja"...

;)

16. Dean Winchester

Should the clips be of "legit" practioners or are you going to include every fruit and nut cake out there?

17. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Irony... Pure irony... :evil:

Seriously, though, I could post other stuff but I don't think the thread would bring any surprises to MAP or the Ninjutsu subforum. :Angel:

18. Dean Winchester

I just think if people are going to post clips of what they think is bad Taijutsu and why then the clips should at least be of actual Takamatsuden practioners.

19. J_Alexander

Reference the following :-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1eX2FI1RuY"]YouTube - Shizen Gyo Un Ryu Sui Shugyou 自然行雲流水修行[/ame]

I'm aware that this video is in the 'good' thread, however I don't think it is good for various reasons :-

1) The kamae is all wrong. One of the biggest kamae errors is of ichimonji no kamae looking like the practitioner is squatting over a toilet. Ichimonji no kamae doesn't look like that - and it never has. It is a strong kamae with the meaning of either 'I go forward' or 'you come to me'.

2) Lightly tapping shutos against a tree and jumping around a la hopscotch is not practicing the basics.

3) The uke is totally compliant and falls down without the technique even being applied correctly.

4) There is no ki spirit in anything being shown.

Jamie.

20. Marvelmeetmanga

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.