Bad Cop

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kof_Andy, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

Anybody experienced some horrible stuff with cops before? I hears stories all the time about bad cops miss using there power etc, but never actually seen or experience any cop harrasement before.

Anyway after Iaido class today we all went out to watch Matrix III the new movie inclue my Sensei which is the wises man I ever met, and we were kinda running late so were all rushing and running. We came to a deserted stop with no traffic, just red light, so one of the student just went ahead and started crossing. Then we heard some guy yelling "Hey You Come Here!" it was some over weight Cop. So my friend did and he walked toward the officer without thinking, and it was still red light. The officer was yelling, "I'm going to write you 2 tickets, one for crossing and one for coming back". We all just look at the cops wierd, and luckily my sensei was there too. My sensei freak out and started talking to him too, he was like you can't do this. I'm going to testify in court. He wrote down his patch number, and wrote down what he said. 2 tickets... I mean come on. I guess my sensei scared the cops a bit, so he wrote 1 ticket instead of 2. Anyway that cop was just being an ass, he basically showing up cause he was talking to some chick. He just screeming, and yelling basically belittling my friend. Thats why most cops are looked as enemy instead of protect and serve. I have respect for higher rank officer etc, but the patroling one are just retarded. Anyone else care to share there bad experiece with dumb cop? Reno 911 are the best show idea.... they actually make fun of bad cops, but only the bad ones:p :love:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2003
  2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Yes, in Indianapolis 2 years ago, I was pulled over on the Interstate near downtown and two police cars with 4 officers completely emptied my bags out. I was visiting family in town, they searched every bag, looked over, under, and in every crevice on the car and when I asked what they were looking for, I was told to, "Shut up or we'll cuff you and put you in a patrol car.". So I was made to stand on the roadside, in the rain, while everything I had for a christmas trip was laying on the pavement getting soaked. Eventually all the police got in their cars, told me, sorry for the problem, and left. All my packages and bags were soaked, all my clothes laying on the barrier, no explanation or anything. So BEWARE of Indianapolis police and sheriffs officers...

3. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Part of the problem with police officers is that they make them fulfill ticket quotas. IE, if they dont write enough, theyre in deep. So they have to go after stupid things to make the quota. As for the Indianapolis thing...man I dont know WHAT the hell that could've been abouit.

4. Aravi

Aravi New Member

Couldn't you have demanded to see their search warrant?

If they cuffed you and took you away, file a complaint. They're the ones who really get screwed.

5. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Two friends of mine walking along a road after a night out at the pub, patrol car started driving past. A group of people on the other side of the road started yelling at them, ran over, and punched one of them, then ran off.

My friends tried to get the patrol car to stop. It did. They wound down the window. My friends asked them to get out and do something about it. Their answer was that the two police in the car would take a statement once the group were out of sight.

My respect for the police cannot really get any lower.

6. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Got my car broken into in December one year.

Kids in Glasgow tend to try their luck with cars more frequently in December, hoping to find christmas presents stored by shoppers.

Nearby, I spotted Motorcycle Cop giving out a parking ticket so I walked over to him.

"Not my Job sir.... Call the police"

At least he was polite I suppose. :(

One of the frustrating things though, the same guy would have happily pulled me over 5 minutes later and given me a ticket for speeding, or driving with my window down. He would have exercised his power (driven by personal insecurity in being inadequate for any other career due to lack of intelligence, paid for by the tax payer) and practiced his kindergarten sarcasm on me; "Problems taking off Squadron Leader" or some such cliche.

We're talking about a moron wearing £2,000 worth of leather, riding a £20,000 motorbike, getting paid three times the national minimum wage with a legal system backing up his primary school mentality.

Justice. :mad:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2003
  7. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

on the reverse
    i hopped on a train once carrying a bag full of weapons..nunchucks.sai.inverted sai.tona.butterfly swords.karli sticks a three section staff and a bokken......
    the three section karli and bokken sticking out the top of my bag...a little old ladey freaked out when she saw me and screamed and ran off the train ... i noticed but didnt think it was relevant.. three stations later the train stops and is delayed and passengers are advised to remain in there carriages.. about 2 minutes later i could see people moving from carriage to carriage ..then the doors to the carriage i was in where pulled open and six police came in and circled me hands on their weapons.... one stood side on a bit more forward to me and asked what i was doing..... i simply told him i did martial arts and was on my way to training.... he asked if i had my training card ...i showed him four cops left the other two started checking through my bag ...the one who had questioned me told me i had scared an old lady who called in saying there was an armed maniac on the train..... he grabbed a karli and started spinning it in the palm of his hand 3 x 360's catch repeat ..said he used to play with those ...smiled advised me to try to cover the weapons from now on and they left.............

another time about three in the morning i was walking with my then girlfriend i had a big thick texture and 3 six inch double bladed throwing knives in my old army jacket .. two police stopped me and enquired what i was doing at the aforementioned hour i sadi just walking they asked me to empty my pocket... i pulled out the texture they stared at me i pulled out the throwing knifes one officer placed hand on firearm other took the knife (wich where in a sheath) and pulled one out shaking her head as she did so ..when she saw it was double edged she advised me it was illegal ..i said id left it in my pocket from a ma class she asked for my training card (membership card) when i showed it she gave the knives back kept the texture and they left

8. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

TG, this is a bit much. Uniform fetishes?

We have youngsters on the forum. :D

9. Drealoth

Drealoth New Member

Today in driver's ed:
    A police officer cut me off (no lights on or anything), doing 80km/h in a 50 zone, flashed his lights to run a red, and then...pulled into Tim Horton's and bought himself a coffee (I know this because we pulled into Tim Horton's right after).

10. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

lamo @ Andy

11. nin_jason

nin_jason New Member

I was in town one night when some 'youths' approached an intoxicated friend of mine. He was sitting on a bench a short distance away just minding his own business. Anyway, these punks asked him for some $$$ but when he explained that he had none they proceeded to give him a few thumps around the head. Nothing too major, but still something you shouldn't have to put up with.

Myself and one other friend saw this happen and as we were sober we approached these guys to distract them form causing any more damage to our mate. We talked a bit and things were a little feisty. No contact just conversation. There were seven of the guys and two of us. Without going into detail it was quite obvious these guys were thugs (clothing, attitude etc), but as we talked a cop came running through the group and tackled me to the ground ??!!?? He let me stand up and I explained to him the situation, I even asked if he could help sort it out. He then told me he was going to charge me with disturbing the peace and if he saw me one more time that night it was going to be an instant arrest ?!? This really got me fired up and I told him to pull his head in and do his job properly. That just made him ten times worse and he started yelling at me. My friend had to drag me off, while another female officer was trying to calm her partner down. It was sooo weird.

All I can think of is:
    A) he did it for my own safety as we were out numbered.
    B) it's easier for them to control a couple of minority youths than to take on what would ultimately be 50 odd thugs in the area.

I can understand his concern but it gets right up me that the police can be too soft where it counts sometimes and we have to give up our basic rights just to keep the peace. I say move in with the riot gear and teach these punks it's not their 'turf' to run.

End of rant

12. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

What is this martial arts training card. I don't think we have those in America, at least I never seen one. Anyone can tell me what that is?

13. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

when she saw it was double edged she advised me it was illegal ..i said id left it in my pocket from a ma class she asked for my training card (membership card) when i showed it she gave the knives back kept the texture and they left

does membership card help ?

though they have since changed the rules and for most weapons you now need a police permit to cary them

14. Jim

Jim New Member

This is a good thread, Andy, but I'm not gunna post my 'varied' experiences here. I can give many on both sides of the fence, but the reality is - it depends on the police officer in question.

Everyone's an individual and 'police man' is a derivative of the Greek for 'man of the people'. He's (read as she also) only supposed to be human and do his best to be the peace-keeper for the community. Sometimes the power can attract 'the wrong sort', but I've also copped a bad time from librarians. People are people - everywhere.

(PS - where's Patrick Bateman when you want his perspective?)

15. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

hes busy with murders and assassinations

16. tkderf

tkderf New Member

?

Last sunday, it was not a power abuse, just something that i though was really bitch. I was on a 2 way street, i wanted to turn left (cross the other way), i stopped at the intersection, i put my flasher and i see the cop there looking at me in his car, i did'nt see any signs saying i could'nt turn so i waited until all ther cars on the other way go then i turn left... i see the cop going after me, i figured out there was a sign, and i did'nt see it....

he arrested me, and give me a 150$ ticket for this... he was right there was a sign hidden in the dark behind the light saying i could'nt turn there!

What annoys me is that he looked at me while i was waiting for the other car, he saw that my intentions was to turn left and he wait until i do it... i mean... arent the laws done to protect citizen? Obviously if i can't turn there it's because it could be dangerous for me or another person right? Cop is also suposed to be here to apply that law, therefore protect people right?

Then why the hell did'nt he flash me while i was waiting and show me the sign?! No! he waited there to make sure i go! I was never arested in my life before, and i do the best i can to follow the law. To be arrested in that situation really annoys me... anyone understand me?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2003
  17. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I haven't had many bad experiences of police action. The one instance I can think of that was completely out of proportion was at Fairford wherre a 14 year old kid who was in the crowd got punched full on in the face by a copper. Still, I suppose we were technicallly breaking the law and all that...
    Oh, and they keep on photographing me and my mates. I find this very scary...

18. xubis

xubis New Member

ROFL, soon you are going to find youself in a little room, with various snaps over the table. "As you can see Mr. Errant, we have been watching you for sometime now" ;)

19. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

it's true! go to any demo, and if you look to your left, just in front of the treeline, you will see a van with a couple of coppers and a camcorder. It serves very little purpose, they just do it to annoy, I think...

20. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Oh it serves a purpose KE. Depending on the kind of demo there will probbaly be a few non-police in the crown "gathering evidence" too - I know - I've been the "Grey man" a few times myself.