Bad, baaaad content

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Greg-VT, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Sorry guys, I repect you guys alot, but this gone a little too far.

Sexual Content? How was that sexual content? It was a Bunny and Rooster. Should everyone shut their eyes whenever an animal walks past, for it has no clothes?

Inapporiate? How? You havent seen such situations on television? As comedy? Yes you have. I even remember a episode of Friends where Ross owned a monkey that wouldn't stop. That was a main part of the episode, and it was in a 7:30 time slot!!

I'm still baffeled about how this was offencive to anyone. Sexual content? How? It was two fluffy and feathery animals!

How about this one:

Scary huh? Sorry to say this, but grow up.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2004
  2. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

To whom and what are you referring to VT?

3. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

4. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

It was discussed by Mods and Topic Mods.

It wasn't about MA, It wasn't about easter.

I found it mildly amusing myself, but others were offended.

Apologies if we err on the side of caution sometimes.

End of story.

5. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Ok. Ok.

End of story.

All I'm protesting about really is that the line is fine, and sometimes it can be drawn a little to far to the right. Would be too much to say to you guys if it was "Watch it"?

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Bit of background info for you VT.

The member in question had already been asked to watch what they were posting in the jokes section (and argued with the mods about it), and went and posted that link not long after. Hence his picture (which was questionable) got jumped on.

Yes, the line is fine, but we've outlined our policy in a sticky thread at the top of the jokes section in the hope that things like this wouldn't happen.

Maybe if you disagree with something, you should bring it up in private with a mod here, rather than starting a thread on it. This is the 2nd time you've done this. It makes mountains out of molehills.

Moderating a forum is not an easy task, and sometimes we may make wrong descions, because they need to be made on the spur of the moment. I don't think we did in this case, as at least one person was offended by it.

7. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

I'm aware of what he has posted and said in the past. I can't say I've agreed with it.

I read the policy in the sticky thread before I made such an issue of this. My point was that it didn't fit into it.

Yes. Sorry. Although PMs do make it rather difficult if the target audience is a group of people.

I know it's not easy. I appreciate the work all of the mods and admins do here.

Perhaps I was just curious as to why one person was offended.
    Perhaps I'm just weirdly being over-protecive of the forum. :confused: :eek:

8. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

In that case, maybe you should PM them and ask them.

9. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Does anyone else hate using telephones? I hate using telephones. Maybe there's a link.

10. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

This is VERY simple VT...

Yes - the line is thin. But WE draw it - not you.

11. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Then write us a cheque! :D

It's the money, not the thought, that counts ! :D

12. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Of course you do. Did I say otherwise?

Although surely, members have an opinion and input?

13. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Send me an addy, and the cheques in the mail :D :p.

BTW, wheres the bloody donate button??

14. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Indeed they do. Input best not aired in a thread ending "grow up".

The donate button is somewhere down the back of the MAP sofa. It slipped down there and no-one's seen it since :D

15. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

isn't the line drawn somewhere around 'things you wouldn't want an 11 year old to see?' *thinks very carefully :D*

16. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

I believed it was taken too far, so I did too.

Then go have a look for it! I bet you'll some coins have fallen down there too....