Backpain.

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by New Guy, Aug 11, 2008.

1. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

Ok it might sound a little weird, I am currently 22 and I think I am experiencing back-pain now... well I never had that kind of pain before so I am not sure...

The thing is that I haven't been active for a while, I am trying to get back into regular training, I started to do some sort of exercise at least once a week, not as often as I used to but I guess that is a start.

So... any advice? I am not sure if I should just jump back to the regular training I used to have, and just let my back heals itself... I do weight a lot more now and appear to have some kind of a "beer gut" or whatever you call, but I assume when I started to get active again these problems would just 'go away'?

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Get it checked out at the doctors.

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Get it sorted ,go see a doctor! I left mine far too long and it got worse and worse, then nearly had to quit training. Go see one! NOW!!!

You gone yet? :D

4. Binary Zombie

Binary Zombie Cyberspace Zombie

Get it looked at right away. I waited quite a bit before having mine looked at, it's been 5months since my surgery (03/11) and I'm in a doctors office right now for it!!

5. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

Ohh, looks like it is a little more serious than I have thought!!!

Alright, I'll try see what I can do... kind of on a tight budget here...

6. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Maybe, maybe not. Not worth guessing over.

7. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

Oh, I'll definitely go see a doctor, thanks!!

8. newy085

newy085 Valued Member

What kind of back pain. Is is a deep muscle ache, a sharp pinching pain, upper/lower back. Not really sure any of could help any way, but the first thing I would be doing is looking at your posture, and losing the 'beer gut'. The added weight in your gut puts a lot of extra force on your spine/back muscles, which could be aggrevated by a poor posture. Try and support you body with your ab muscles rather then sitting back on your spine, your abs should be 'active' to some point at all times. Try look up the 5 key points of palates, I can't remember them completely so I am not going to try and tell you something wrong, but they help me even though I thought my posture was OK.

9. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

I guess it is a deep muscle ache... like when I tried to blend down and pick up something - I now always just squat down instead.

But yes I'll definitely will try to lose the 'beer gut', I'll need to be pretty active to do that though... I am not a big fan of a strict diet... so I was unsure about when I try to do more intense training, rather if it will hurt my spine or not.

10. newy085

newy085 Valued Member

The only way to lose weight is through proper nutrition. You have to start with a good diet and everything will follow, no matter what your goal is (fat loss, muscle gain). You can't expect your body to function properly if you don't give it what it needs (It doesn't need deep fried food).

If it is a deep muscle ache and not a sharp pain, you could be lucky and your muscles might be protesting because of lack of use. Get a heat bag and try to relax it, take the pressure of it through correcting your posture. As always don't train with a sore back beck the muscles aren't functioning properly and could damage your spine. I'd see with a doc or PT before you start any kind of serious training.

11. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

Oh, I mean some people lose weight by starving, which as far as I know of, is very unhealthy... that's what I like try not to do.

12. newy085

newy085 Valued Member

Sry, thought you meant you like to eat crappy foods. But its not only unhealthy to starve your self, it doesn't work. You will lose WEIGHT for around two weeks then platue. This weight loss is the water being forced out of your muscles because of the dropping amount of protein. With the dropping amount of protein in your body, your body's ability to burn fat also diminishes forcing the muscle to canabilize itself (also known as hibernation/starvation mode). So you get hit with a double whammy no loss of fat, and a loss of your ability to burn fat.

13. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

Yeh sorry sometimes text can appear ambiguous... that's very interesting, thank you.

I do eat some crappy food though, not a lot but would be nice to cut down some of it.

BTW I went to MA training 4 hours ago, it was not that intense but no problem with my back during the training, it is only when I bend down try pick up something... stretching and stuff was totally fine... maybe it is not that big of a problem... I'd probably still try to see a doctor though.